• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*SPECULATION* Rapoport: Panthers Among Potential Suitors For Trading For 16 Million Dollar Scatback Jarvis Landry

Saca312

6 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Let me be on the record saying id love this

landry has been productive with bad QBs and bad offenses. 

ELITE slot WR, exactly what Cam needs. 

He is capable of being so much mote thsn a slot, but hes had to eat somehow. The QB s  played with can only get him the ball short range. 

Norv + Cam, hell the fug yeah. 

So how do we use Cmac/Samuel to their full potential with Landry being the main slot guy?

Also how do we build a potent offense when we are paying a slot WR 16 mil a year with no room to get better at other skill positions. How do we resign Funchess?

It sounds good on paper, but signing Landry with that type of contract would cripple us in the future.

18 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Lol. No clue.

I one time posted that I thought Landry sucked and got assaulted by 5 Landry cult-artists for my slander.

For some odd reason saying a Dolphin's WR sucks is heresy on a Panthers forum. So of course me being the antagonist of the Huddle I like to rub in the fact he's bad whenever the topic is brought up.

Sounds like a normal day on the huddle.

I'm open to trading for a WR, but only if we're talking about a guy that commands attention from the defense and can take over a game. I know his name elicits alot of strong reactions on both sides of the spectrum here, but we're still trying to replace Steve Smith, we need a game changer like him without some of the baggage.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Sounds like a normal day on the huddle.

I'm open to trading for a WR, but only if we're talking about a guy that commands attention from the defense and can take over a game. I know his name elicits alot of strong reactions on both sides of the spectrum here, but we're still trying to replace Steve Smith, we need a game changer like him without some of the baggage.

Completely agree. Do you think someone in the draft could do it or could Landry? I honestly have no idea who could be that guy, maybe Kirk?

19 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

So how do we use Cmac/Samuel to their full potential with Landry being the main slot guy?

Also how do we build a potent offense when we are paying a slot WR 16 mil a year with no room to get better at other skill positions. How do we resign Funchess?

It sounds good on paper, but signing Landry with that type of contract would cripple us in the future.

Trade for him, and get him a long term contract cutting down that 16 mil

and idc who steps up but the more weapons for cam the better

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Trade for him, and get him a long term contract cutting down that 16 mil

and idc who steps up but the more weapons for cam the better

If it was only that easy. Landry is looking to get paid. His agent said it even before he even hit the market. I just don't think he is worth that type of money.

Landry is simply not a game changer.

The people who would want to make this move aren't thinking about the entirety of the situation. You'd have to trade something of high value to the Dolphins to get Landry. Would you want to trade #24 overall? Would you want to trade a 2nd and a 3rd? That's the type of offer it would probably take. Then, after giving up those draft assets, you'd be on the hook for $16M this season for a one year rental and then risk losing him in free agency next year or you'd have to give him a contract in the 4 year/$60M range greatly limiting our cap flexibility moving forward. Wanna see us forced to potentially watch an All-Pro OT  (Darryl Williams) walk? That's the type of decision a move like this might force. Plus, you've given up good draft value and draft picks are the best way to get bang for the buck out of the salary cap. Rookie contracts are relatively cheap and you need to be hitting on the majority of those top 100 picks or you're really putting your team in a bind in terms of fielding a competitive team under the salary cap.

4 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

If it was only that easy. Landry is looking to get paid. His agent said it even before he even hit the market. I just don't think he is worth that type of money.

Landry is simply not a game changer.

I think he is 

hes produced with poo QBs. Im thinking about what could be not what has been. Intuition. 

13 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Completely agree. Do you think someone in the draft could do it or could Landry? I honestly have no idea who could be that guy, maybe Kirk?

Well if you want the honest truth we really can't afford to trade for an established WR that has a hefty contract already in place considering our own salary cap related factors moving forward. We would need to find a near perfect fit all around.

We're likely going to have to look to the draft. If Kirk is the guy, take him. If we have to move up so be it. I know people might cringe at that thought but we have the core to make another Super Bowl run now. We can't waste another season trying to outsmart ourselves hoping we can strike gold on a cheap jag or two like we tried last offseason.

I know we just drafted Samuel last year but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad concerned about his durability. Beyond him we have Byrd who has shown flashes but we still have no one truly proven other than Funchess, and even his ceiling at this point seems to be a #2 realistically. He kinda reminds me of Lafell but with a better attitude and a higher ceiling.

Even with our struggles running the ball last year we still were in position to make a deep playoff run if our WR's could have actually held onto the ball. I value hands, and YAC over just about anything else at this point. Sometimes you need a guy who can bail out his QB. We haven't had much even approaching that except for flashes from KB followed by baffling drops.

Archived