• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 wide

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

If KB is cut bringing him back should be a priority for a small deal. Turner and Shula are night and day. After that we really need to spend on a WR if the Buffalo isn't resigned. 

KB isn’t a good receiver. We must move on.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

If he tried to model the Panthers after the Steelers he failed miserably. His sentiment over success business plan is a complete opposite of everything the Steelers do. And the Steelers have carried Bryant for years through all his issues. IF they trade him, it’s because they can get value from him now and they are not signing any WR long term, with the money Brown is getting. 

The Steelers and Bryant have had a strained relationship for obvious reasons.  If he had acted right,  he would likely be in their long term plans, notwithstanding AB.  The Steelers don't have long term patience for guys that have a "bad" attitude.  Moreover,  they always seem to keep the talent rolling through their pipeline.  

Wallace could have been in Steel Town longer,  but he didn't want to "play" and AB got his money.  Now Bryant doesn't want to "play nice," and Juju will likely get that what Bryant could've gotten.  Even with Bryant on the squad, the Steelers were looking towards the future with the draft of Juju because they didn't take Bryant for granted.  Attitude and off-field issues can't be overlooked. 

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The Steelers and Bryant have had a strained relationship for obvious reasons.  If he had acted right,  he would likely be in their long term plans, notwithstanding AB.  The Steelers don't have long term patience for guys that have a "bad" attitude.  Moreover,  they always seem to keep the talent rolling through their pipeline.  

Wallace could have been in Steel Town longer,  but he didn't want to "play" and AB got his money.  Now Bryant doesn't want to "play nice," and Juju will likely get that what Bryant could've gotten.  Even with Bryant on the squad, the Steelers were looking towards the future with the draft of Juju because they didn't take Bryant for granted.  Attitude and off-field issues can't be overlooked. 

As a Steelers fan of over 40 years, thanks for the lesson about a team I haven’t missed a snap of in decades. 

For example... the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes(coming off his best season and a year from a SB MVP) because he was too much trouble. But they have held on to Bryant through all his. Of course they didn’t count on him and drafted accordingly. The guy was suspended for over a year. If he didn’t have his faults, he wouldn’t come this cheap. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Moncrief could absolutely be the steal of free agency this year. His size,  speed and smoothness in his routes are still evident if not muted. Don't get it twisted, questionable QB play and an untimely collarbone injury really stunted his development. He is still young and talented.  I don't see a big problem with a high-reward-low-risk player like Crief.  

As for Bryant,  I said in another thread that I don't know how some of you get around the fact that this team is still Jerry Richardson's.  As such,  the man has said that his goal is to model his club after the Steelers. That being said,  if they're trying to jettison the much-troubled receiver, I just don't see J-Rich allowing that to happen. 

Why are people still talking a Jerry Richardson? He is no longer apart of this franchise. Please stop mentioning him, he is a fraud. We lost out on so much talent because of his "good character" approach, when he was a "bad character" behind closed doors.

We need a sure thing at WR. A vet who will be a reliable target for Cam. I don't think any of the big name WR's will be available for us, so I think the list of WR's will be the vets who aren't looking for money, but rather a chance at winning.

My targets would be E.Sanders/Crabtree/M.Wallace or my dream scenario trade for Martavis Bryant.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is no downside to releasing him though. We know no one will pick him up. His couch is basically a free extra roster spot.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.  With Beane and derp in Buffalo and Gettleman in Yankeeland, I think either might see some upside with Bersin if their receiving corps needs to be filled out.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

As a Steelers fan of over 40 years, thanks for the lesson about a team I haven’t missed a snap of in decades. 

For example... the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes(coming off his best season and a year from a SB MVP) because he was too much trouble. But they have held on to Bryant through all his. Of course they didn’t count on him and drafted accordingly. The guy was suspended for over a year. If he didn’t have his faults, he wouldn’t come this cheap. 

You can get off that Steelers high horse. They were indeed "my team" (pre-Panthers). I still follow them and have Steelers junk to this day. Here's a pic to just let you know I'm not talking out of my ass.  I just threw the hat up there to prove it's really me. Just like I know the Panthers now,  I knew the Steelers,  and I still follow them, though admittedly not as close because I love my Panthers. 

1519571456229494545733.jpg

I would like to see us pick up two vet WR s through either free agency or trades. Immediate impact players.  Maybe draft a project in a late round in the draft.  We have a poo wr corps even when healthy.  We need help now, not another season of waiting for some guys who might be decent recover from numerous injuries.

13 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Why are people still talking a Jerry Richardson? He is no longer apart of this franchise. Please stop mentioning him, he is a fraud. We lost out on so much talent because of his "good character" approach, when he was a "bad character" behind closed doors.

Dude,  I have posts on these very servers somewhere about how I thought J-Rich was essentially a "fraud" about some things,  and that's well before the extent of his unsavory nature came to light.  That being said,  he is still the current owner of this team,  and he is still the shot caller. The selection of Hurney is crystal clear evidence of J-Rich's power.  So,  until the team is officially sold,  his wishes will be granted. 

After he's gone,  then you won't hear his name coming from my lips,  but until then he is very much in the discussion. 

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

i could go along with this.

I know the wrath of the huddle will come down on me but, I think a guy like Bersin would really thrive in Turner's offense. 

He's a big target and has great hands. 

If used correctly he could really be an interesting player.

Not at all against the idea.  He has developed and he has good hands.

13 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

We need a sure thing at WR. A vet who will be a reliable target for Cam. I don't think any of the big name WR's will be available for us, so I think the list of WR's will be the vets who aren't looking for money, but rather a chance at winning.

My targets would be E.Sanders/Crabtree/M.Wallace or my dream scenario trade for Martavis Bryant.

Like I mentioned earlier,  Sanders is likely going to stay in Denver if Elway gets his wishes,  and Gruden is talking like he wants to keep Crabtree in Oakland as well.  I've already discussed why not to get your hopes up on Bryant, so that just leaves old man Wallace.  I just don't think that he's enough. 

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea if we didn't have so many other holes to fill.   I would be content with one.

I am not a Wallace fan.  Cannot make myself want him here, but the other 2 are OK....There is a large group of teams with cap room this year--we will have $30m if we cut Stew and Kalil--not a bunch.  I see WRs like Richardson more realistic. 

Archived