• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers releasing K Coleman according to Rapoport

Captain Obvious

2 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Lol yeah why would we cut the 37 year old safety to save $2.1 million when the entire point is to get faster in the defensive backfield that would be stupid

When was it stated that the point was to get faster? In that case, just start Colin Jones, since that's all you are looking for.

1 minute ago, Trill OG said:

Just speculating, but a guy name Earl Thomas of the Seattle Seahawks name has came up in trade rumors in the past.

Just sayin...

Would LOVE to have him, but he's practically begged the Cowboys to pursue him and DB is probably the Cowboys' biggest need. I think he finds a way to get to Dallas. He's a Texas guy. I can't even be mad at him for it.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would LOVE to have him, but he's practically begged the Cowboys to pursue him and DB is probably the Cowboys' biggest need. I think he finds a way to get to Dallas. He's a Texas guy. I can't even be mad at him for it.

He is under contract. He will have to play for whatever team trades for him. Not saying it will happen, but I would be interested if I was the Panthers.

Earl is exactly what we need in the secondary, not only is he a great player, he is also a great leader.

Just now, Trill OG said:

He is under contract. He will have to play for whatever team trades for him. Not saying it will happen, but I would be interested if I was the Panthers.

Earl is exactly what we need in the secondary, not only is he a great player, he is also a great leader.

No one is trading for a player in the last year of his contract without the groundwork for a contract extension already laid. If he really wants to end up in Dallas, which seems to be the case, he'll simply refuse to sign an extension.

59 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't mean ego as in he's walking everywhere slapping people in the face with his dick. I mean ego in terms of manifesting itself in stubbornly forcing the same philosophy at all costs. I don't know what you attribute it to unless you are suggesting the gaffes the last two years are just ignorance on his part. He doesn't strike me as someone that lacks intelligence. I think it was a matter of being unable to get out of his own way at times in dealing with certain personnel moves when things got difficult. He also went overboard with the hog mollies to a fault.

I'm mostly beyond the Steve Smith thing. He's been gone long enough. I don't even hold that against Gettleman on the whole. One day it was going to happen regardless. I do from time time wonder what could have been though.

Williams lost it completely after his mother passed. I honestly feel bad for him. Money can't buy happiness.

All players have egos to a degree. But they aren't in charge of helming a franchise. Seems like a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

so who are we talking about here? jordan gross? i seriously doubt his personal assessment of gettleman factored into his decision to call it quits. he shows up at training camp 6 months later and he’s 70lbs lighter. the guy was sick of the lifestyle and the toll it was taking on his body, but nobody highlights that.

is it mike tolbert? the guy gettleman correctly assessed had his best years behind him?

Archived