• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Thread

ncfan

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

There are a few who mention that but a bunch that say other wise (except the body control part which everyone across the board agrees on)

There are some and bios that list Sutton as a Freak Julio type as well.  Yet he's slow and all the film shows him slow getting off breaks and struggling to get seperation like a KB post ACL surgery and weight gain.

I would rather the Panthers go defense in the first but i wouldn't be mad at a top Rb

i just think its weird that guy can be a decent size Wr and downgraded before he even put his shoes on

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

There are a few who mention that but a bunch that say other wise (except the body control part which everyone across the board agrees on)

There are some and bios that list Sutton as a Freak Julio type as well.  Yet he's slow and all the film shows him slow getting off breaks and struggling to get seperation like a KB post ACL surgery and weight gain.

I know last year during spring practice that Ridley ran a 4.35 at Alabama. I expect him to show up with a 4.4 during drills. 

1 minute ago, Palmetto said:

I would rather the Panthers go defense in the first but i wouldn't be mad at a top Rb

i just think its weird that guy can be a decent size Wr and downgraded before he even put his shoes on

Some say Ridley is a 4.5 some say 4.4

He can still come out blazing the rest of the combine.  But with those measurment and he doesn't come out blazing, his stock is going to drop just a little.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-combine-what-we-learned-from-qb-and-wr-weigh-ins-and-measurements/amp/

He was on yesterdays losers for the WRs

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

I know last year during spring practice that Ridley ran a 4.35 at Alabama. I expect him to show up with a 4.4 during drills. 

You have to take those spring 40s with a grain of salt.

Robert Quinn broke Peppers 40 time in a spring practice but was a 4.7

Funchess and KB has fast reported spring r0s and was complete different.

A lot of scouts project him as avg 4.5 creeping to 4.45 but some think faster.  He is the best route runner in the class and among the top in concentration.

He runs a 4.35 he could shoot into the top 15. He runs a 4.5 (with those measurments) he could fall to the bottom of the 1st being jumped by 1-2 other WRs

Just now, ncfan said:

Some say Ridley is a 4.5 some say 4.4

He can still come out blazing the rest of the combine.  But with those measurment and he doesn't come out blazing, his stock is going to drop just a little.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-combine-what-we-learned-from-qb-and-wr-weigh-ins-and-measurements/amp/

He was on yesterdays losers for the WRs

So everything is lined up with Brown:  Size , Speed on film , 40 time,  draft stock  (i doubt Ridley is going lower than Brown in the draft)

seems like a pretty good pre draft comparison on a conversation started on size

again im judging guys based on coming out of college if we knew what Brown would become he would have gone in the first

9 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

So everything is lined up with Brown:  Size , Speed on film , 40 time,  draft stock  (i doubt Ridley is going lower than Brown in the draft)

seems like a pretty good pre draft comparison on a conversation started on size

again im judging guys based on coming out of college if we knew what Brown would become he would have gone in the first

Yeah no way he falls lower than Brown.

Brown was small tweener who's film showed him mainly as a burner.  He underwhelmed in the combine 40 going Much slower than expected

Ridley they knew he was 6'0 but length, hand size, plus being a tweener opened a few question marks.  His film never showed him as a blazer but a damn good polished route runner with good concentration

His 40 time, bench, vert, and drills could push him up to top 15, to people questioning him as a tweener who might not have the speed and quickness to do anything against the Lattimores etc in this league and could get pushed to the bottom of the 1st 

His floor is higher than every WR in this class with his route running and hand concentration.  But there are a handfull who, if he doesnt blaze a fast quick 40, will say have a much higher ceiling than Ridley

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Yeah no way he falls lower than Brown.

Brown was small tweener who's film showed him mainly as a burner.  He underwhelmed in the combine 40 going Much slower than expected

Ridley they knew he was 6'0 but length, hand size, plus being a tweener opened a few question marks.  His film never showed him as a blazer but a damn good polished route runner with good concentration

His 40 time, bench, vert, and drills could push him up to top 15, to people questioning him as a tweener who might not have the speed and quickness to do anything against the Lattimores etc in this league and could get pushed to the bottom of the 1st 

His floor is higher than every WR in this class with his route running and hand concentration.  But there are a handfull who, if he doesnt blaze a fast quick 40, will say have a much higher ceiling.

I have no favorites in the combine like i said i just found it weird that guy with average Wr size was unimpressive before he even ran a single event

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Really liking the Daniels kid from Iowa. Is he a center we should target? I don't know but he is showing out.

Have read that he's the best center in the draft and that some analysts consider him one of the better prospects in the last 10 years.

Archived