• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency Notes and Speculation

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saints might be dumping Fleener, Coleman, others...

Saints players on the bubble

I've never seen anything special in Fleener.  Definitely thought New Orleans overpaid when they signed him.

They did overpay for Fleener but I would bring him in. He’d be a great #2. Could cut Manhertz; I don’t see anything special in him. 

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, if we don’t expect Thomas to be ready to contribute in a meaningful way this season I’d take Fleener as our #2 in a heartbeat and let Thomas be the #3 and develop with minimal pressure on him this year.

Personally, I think Thomas will be ready to fulfill  a role as the #2 TE.  It is a perfect situation for a developing player.

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Personally, I think Thomas will be ready to fulfill  a role as the #2 TE.  It is a perfect situation for a developing player.

Yep, he's already a good blocker, and I think he was underutilized as a receiver.  He'll be fine as the #2 TE this year.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:57 AM, Woodie said:

Yep, he's already a good blocker, and I think he was underutilized as a receiver.  He'll be fine as the #2 TE this year.

You think lol with 30 something catches I'm gonna have to say underutilized is s great term for his production but I do believe he'll be just fine as our #2 this year.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kenny Vacarro too.

This just continues to show me that our franchise is ok with scraps at safety. They have a veteran in Geathers and drafted a guy I really wanted last year, Malik Hooker. Yet they understand that they need more back there, and oh yeah, they cut the guy that is currently one of our starting safeties. 

I'm not a huge Boston fan, though maybe it took him a few years to come into his own, and he is a good safety now. I'd prefer Reid or Vacarro over Boston but would take any of these three. I'd actually welcome Ron Parker as well as a bridge guy to help support Gaulden in case he's not ready for primetime this year.

11 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

This just continues to show me that our franchise is ok with scraps at safety. They have a veteran in Geathers and drafted a guy I really wanted last year, Malik Hooker. Yet they understand that they need more back there, and oh yeah, they cut the guy that is currently one of our starting safeties. 

I'm not a huge Boston fan, though maybe it took him a few years to come into his own, and he is a good safety now. I'd prefer Reid or Vacarro over Boston but would take any of these three. I'd actually welcome Ron Parker as well as a bridge guy to help support Gaulden in case he's not ready for primetime this year.

Naw I thought I wanted him until I read his pass coverage was nice but his run d was still below average, I don't want to go back to big runs off his poor angles. That's why Chargers let him walk after a good year lucked up and scooped Derwin. His weaknesses which got him out of here are still prevalent we need to look elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived