• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcedes Lewis Cut

HubKat

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

He won't sign for what we'd be willing to smartly pay for him. Some team with a no name TE1 will overpay for him big time.

I think he's still got a year or two left in the tank, I'm just not sure we're the best to pay the bill for that.

Some guys toward the end of their career would rather win then makes a few more bucks.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure that dynamic plays as much in our favor as Panther fans think it does.

Depends on where the player is from. Coming from Jacksonville after finally making the playoffs. He might want to keep having success and want to come here. And after Bortles Cam might look good.

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Some guys toward the end of their career would rather win then makes a few more bucks.

Then he would have played ball with the Jaguars more. They looked strong at the end of the season and should be a power run next season in a weak division. 

He wants a paycheck first.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Then he would have played ball with the Jaguars more. They looked strong at the end of the season and should be a power run next season in a weak division. 

He wants a paycheck first.

Didn't hear they offered him anything. I.read they cut him with no warning.  Don't know that he had a chance to stay at any price...

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Didn't hear they offered him anything. I.read they cut him with no warning.  Don't know that he had a chance to stay at any price...

Just read some more details on that and if they had already signed his option for 2018, then that was a pretty crappy move they made for a 12 year vet. (And let's face it, it takes commitment to be willing to play for the Jags over the last 12 years... straight). 

Okay, maybe he might be willing to go cheaper. He's probably not a long term guy, but he's probably got some extra fire to make a prove-it contract work.

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Just read some more details on that and if they had already signed his option for 2018, then that was a pretty crappy move they made for a 12 year vet. (And let's face it, it takes commitment to be willing to play for the Jags over the last 12 years... straight). 

Okay, maybe he might be willing to go cheaper. He's probably not a long term guy, but he's probably got some extra fire to make a prove-it contract work.

The fact they picked up his 3 million option and then cut him makes no sense. I have to believe he thought he was safe after that and got totally blind sided. His comments suggest he was shocked and pissed.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

The fact they picked up his 3 million option and then cut him makes no sense. I have to believe he thought he was safe after that and got totally blind sided. His comments suggest he was shocked and pissed.

Typically a team never pays you then cuts right after that can leave you confused asf. Just read he would like to play closer to his family in CA but you never know when it comes to FA I could see Sea if he chooses the west coast we could use everything he brings to the table.

8 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Typically a team never pays you then cuts right after that can leave you confused asf. Just read he would like to play closer to his family in CA but you never know when it comes to FA I could see Sea if he chooses the west coast we could use everything he brings to the table.

Since Seattle already signed Dickson, I don't know they would want Lewis as well.

Archived