• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Browns

stirs

They have picks at 1 and 4 and I have heard that they will take 0 QB's, 1 QB, and even 2 QB's.

I think now that the Giants will probably take Chubb, the Browns will go QB and Barkley

Of course they are the Browns......

What say you?

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I don't think this is the case. I bet they either go with Nelson, Barkley or a QB over Chubb.

I figure getting rid of JPP and getting a guy who can play 34 or 43 would be the ticket now, who knows

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

the only thing i feel certain about is that they will screw it up somehow.

no matter how many great picks they have, the browns are going to brown.

New regime there.  They might actually be  different.  Hope so.  Those fans deserve it.

Just now, stirs said:

I figure getting rid of JPP and getting a guy who can play 34 or 43 would be the ticket now, who knows

Maybe but I think that was more DG shedding a TERRIBLE contract to help them out in the future, I highly doubt he feels the need to instantly replace him. They have a hole there, yes, but they have even bigger holes. One thing we know is DG will go BPA. Very very possible he thinks that is Barkley. Browns may take him though and then there's Nelson. He's a complete beast at a HUGE need for them, and honestly will be every bit as good as Martin if not better. Well worth a top 5 pick. Possibility of QB depends on a few things. Does DG fall in love with a guy this year that he's sure can replace Manning in a year or two? If so that's the pick. And even if he doesn't fall head over heels for one, it's a great class and the question becomes do they think Eli has so little left that they need a replacement ASAP and that the best way that can happen is to take one 2nd, because in their view they likely won't have top 10 picks for a while, limiting their QB options down the road. I kinda think DG does grab a QB now, but even if not I see him ranking both Barkley and Nelson over Chubb. Maybe not but we'll see. Chubb is great and a sure top 10 pick in this draft but he's no Myles Garrett and I just don't really see DG having him as the 2nd best player in the draft particularly over Barkley, Nelson or a QB. We'll see how it turns out though.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this has been said how many times in the last decade(s)?

Dorsey is by far the most qualified GM they've been able to hire since they came back into the league. Still may not matter since ultimately poor ownership trickles down and looms over the entire organization but Dorsey is definitely more likely to succeed than anyone else they've had in that FO.

Archived