• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ross Cockrell’s QB Rating In Zone Coverage is...Incredible

Saca312

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Also Munnerlyn is good when used right. Wilks really did him dirty with his role. I get that “being an ass” is frowned upon concerning a player’s role, but Munnerlyn really had a crappy role in this defense. I don’t blame him for being cranky about it with everyone.

Hopefully Washington uses him like he should be used.

Capt., and Elder certainly are the wild card this year. Them playing well would bode well for us. But yeah, I agree that this all hinges on how well Washington can get these guys to play. I am excited about this group. Then again, I have always been somewhat of an excitable guy.

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

IMO, we need to get one of the top S in the 1st. I believe that is where we need the influx of talent the most. Get our S of the future in a year where there are a couple that should be there. 

With Cap probably gone next year, and not knowing whether we have plans for him anyway. RB, and TE are also top priorities. By the time we get around to drafting a CB it will be late 3rd or later. Not sure how much faith you can have in another 3rd round CB. Even if this class is deep in CB.

We may add another CB. But again, IMO, the guy will probably be for depth, and not necessarily for competition.

The wife is sitting here half naked, and I am having a tough time concentrating. So I hope I made the point I was trying to make. Otherwise, I'll try again next time.

tl/dr version. I forgot.

I don't disagree, I'm just not sure if this organization gives a rat's ass about the safety position. I've been begging for a safety to be drafted high for years.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree, I'm just not sure if this organization gives a rat's ass about the safety position. I've been begging for a safety to be drafted high for years.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but we are pretty nicely set up for the draft. I was not sure Hurndog was able to do this. I defiantly had my fears. But man, he has done a fine job. Not great, but pretty dad gum good. Sure we could use some youth, and speed at a few positions. But all in all, we could go to war with this team, as is.

A good draft, and we can be a really good team. 

5 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I saw a lot of Giants fans that were sad to see him not get re-upped by DG. They liked him more than Apple, and the stats back-up that he was putting it together later in the season. Had 3 picks in the final 3 weeks of the season and was matched up against some pretty talented WRs. 

I think our scheme will fit him better, and our front 7, along with Bradberry will allow him to be himself and thrive without the pressure of trying to prove himself like he had to in PIT and with the NYG. 

I don't foresee a pro-bowl selection or the next JNo here, but I think he can be every bit as good as Breeland would have been for us, and a sound guy that won't kill us on the outside. He's hungry and I think he sees this as an opportunity to come back to a place he is comfortable (CLT Latin & Duke) and be a solid corner for us.

Wow had no idea he went to CLT Latin.... that's pretty cool

This is just off the plays he played in the NFL correct?

There are a ton of people who look great off a small sample size.

Heck Worley, you take a small sample size of a good 2-3 weeks of his and some would get excited.  This would be like a team getting excited for signing Remmers at LT or Amini (though they have been starters in this league)

I like saca and what he brings, but lets not forget just at the beginning of the season he was all aboard Worley talking he wasnt as bad as he was grading out.

Lets hold off on the sure starter, upgrade, and no longer need a CB as a top priority.  We still have Bradberry who took a huge step back and a career backup on a bad team.  If a Josh Jackson is sitting there at 24, im pulling the trigger and let the other 2 battle it out for the #2 spot.

Crockell, im excited for competition.  But have the same expectations for him as I did when Seymore came in for Worley this year.

I’ve always thought cockrell was an underrated player these past couple of years.

he obviously is smart because he went to Duke.

he is 6ft and has decent speed. 4.5 at the combine but ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day.

he is a solid #2 cornerback who could play #1 CB duties if need be.

I believe he is an instant upgrade at corner over Worley and could fight to be our #1 CB depending on how much Bradberry progresses.

I feel we got a great player for a cheap deal. He also seems like he is a guy who will fit our system. One major problem in the NFL is great players are signed/ traded to another team but don’t fit the system so they struggle. I don’t see this happening since he seems to be a zone CB.

the best news is he is only 26 and can be a solid player for us for multiple years.

18 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

He is a defiant upgrade over Worley.

17 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I agree that he is a defiant upgrade.

13 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I defiantly had my fears.

19 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am spelling it right aren't I? 

19 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am spelling it right aren't I? 

I think you're looking for definite or definitely, but I'm not perfect and I know what you mint.

@ncfan lmao it’s not that deep. I just posted some stats in zone coverage.

I expect him to be a solid #2 Corner, but that’s more his ceiling. He can’t play man as well as he does zone, mainly because of measurables.

Also, “small sample size” is pretty interesting, considering he did play for the steelers all those years and graded out nice throughout such. Only time he struggled was when forced to play man all the time, something that’s clearly not his forte.

Anyways, don’t take any of my statistic drops that serious lol

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't pass on a Josh Jackson because you signed Russ Cockrell.

Duh. 

Passing on Josh Jackson is like passing on Lattimore tbh. As much as I love CMC and what he brings, I’d take a Kamara and Lattimore over him given a second chance.

5 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

could fight to be our #1 CB depending on how much Bradberry progresses.

Can’t see him ever being a #1 based on his measurables. Doesn’t have the arm length or 3-cone agility to be a solid press corner. Pretty much the opposite of Breeland tbh.

Archived