• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Draft Tiers for Panthers at 24

Soul Rebel

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

Don't write off Arden Key at 24

I love his play on the field but with the off field questions and JR still owner (and Rivera has stayed away from questionable guys too) you really think we'd consider him? Could very well turn out to be Randy Gregory 2.0 and nobody would be surprised.

10 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I love his play on the field but with the off field questions and JR still owner (and Rivera has stayed away from questionable guys too) you really think we'd consider him? Could very well turn out to be Randy Gregory 2.0 and nobody would be surprised.

Makes sense from a scheme fit and fills a need, huge upside. Character concerns are overblown.

11 hours ago, MtnProwler said:

I know it's early so take mocks for what they are. I looked at 10 mocks that include CBSS, Take 10, and NFL and not a single one had a TE going before #24. If they had a TE going in round 1 it was in ranges 25-32, and it was always just one. Most of the time it was Hurst or Andrews. Getting a TE in round 2-3 isn't anything to be ashamed of but that's not what this thread was about, only our #24 pick.

No, this thread is about overhyping typical prospects because most huddlers really don't know the Panther's schemes and probably watches more Steeler & Greenbay games and apply their needs.

I remember couple of years ago people where arguing and pushing for Vernon Butler just because he had a DT  next to his name, but 2 years later the better propsect was and is Hunter Henry. 

It doesn't matter what the fug other people rank prospects based on their "scheme" its what the Panthers value for their scheme. 

Those ranking doesn't mean pooo.

2 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Any one of those TEs are  = if not better than any of those prospect mentioned by the OP for Panthers scheme.

Stop watching Greenbay and Steeler games and applying their need to Panthers.

That's simply not true, pretty much all prospects mentioned by OP are higher graded than the highest graded TE in the draft, in which their is no unanimous nfl consensus anyway.

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

That's simply not true, pretty much all prospects mentioned by OP are higher graded than the highest graded TE in the draft, in which their is no unanimous nfl consensus anyway.

Yea they are graded generally but when you apply them tocertain theams scheme they don't rank as high.

Have you seen every teams draft prospect board rankings?

Plain and simple ..

This draft is strong at Secondary interior Oline and Dline and RB..

Use the draft for what it is to help your team.. Should always be a major philosophy..

1. Fix your secondary for years to come..

2. Find a future TE ..

3. Set your RB group up for years..

4. Get a young guard..

5. Get a development project at DE and LB in later rounds..

This should be the plan in tiers..

Archived