• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Draft Tiers for Panthers at 24

Soul Rebel

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Think Gates had a little to do with it too.  He's opd and only had a year left on his contract at the time.  

So a Top TE falling to them in the 2nd is a no brainer

Yea it was little part of it but the bigger part is they did it to counter Denvers DL & secondary and looks like it has worked.

Far better than what Vernon Butler has brought to the team like a Poe contract. 

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

So the answer to everything is a TE.  

only-moments-before-disaster-struck-these-pictures-were-taken-13.jpg.9348555731750eeb64a99302c9037800.jpg

For some if the issues on offense yes, just look at the past few seasons. ( see above post about 2016 season )

It’s  one area panthers haven’t invested in draft or FA in a meaningful way.

P.S. why do you think Pats turnover rate at  WRs and OL is high .... Cause they alway have Gronk and 2nd TE  that allows the  offense to be more flexible.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

This was actually a really good thread for awhile....

Speaking of guards, what about Connor Williams

Seens to be some talk of moving him inside. Could he end up being a better guard than some of the guards?  And could he plainly be on our board?

Only 2 guards worth drafting ND Nelson & Hernandez 

5aa7b022e7b8a_Hernadez.thumb.png.a12682c5a1e95cd30369636eb6884143.png

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

This was actually a really good thread for awhile....

Speaking of guards, what about Connor Williams

Seens to be some talk of moving him inside. Could he end up being a better guard than some of the guards?  And could he plainly be on our board?

I read that Connor Williams is the only true left tackle in the draft. People seem torn between him as a franchise LT and a post injury flop. Its curious that some project him as a guard. He is all over the place in mocks due to a fantastic season followed by a poor one.

So here's a question for you? Would we better off drafting a guard who can play tackle (Isaiah Wynn) or a tackle who can play guard? 

Seems to me the big problem after MKalils restructure is that even if we have other options at LT (and sorry I'm going to mention Moton again here) the coaching staff is locked in on Kalil subject to injury. So assuming he stays healthy any LT pick especially high is wasted.

Its all speculation on our part but my instinct is not to draft either LT or guard high but use draft resources elsewhere. If i had to i would consider proven versatility like Wynn.

22 hours ago, Seoul_Panther said:

I'm also a little wary of Moton as LT when he has always projected better as G. I can totally envisage a scenario where Kalil gets injured they drop Moton into a bad situation without prep and he gets massacred.

I would love some insight into how they thought they would use Moton when drafting him. I also remember the ridiculous preseason hype about our 'evolved' offense featuring CMC and Samuel. I would guess its not turned out as they saw it in their mind's eye.

Whatever their selections in this upcoming draft i hope they don't draft high for depth or have some wishy washy idea for how they may use the pick.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Seoul_Panther said:

I would love some insight into how they thought they would use Moton when drafting him. I also remember the ridiculous preseason hype about our 'evolved' offense featuring CMC and Samuel. I would guess its not turned out as they saw it in their mind's eye.

Whatever their selections in this upcoming draft i hope they don't draft high for depth or have some wishy washy idea for how they may use the pick.

At this point it doesn't matter what they thought when they drafted him.  After a year of practice reps and some game snaps they should have an idea of what he can become.  Unfortunately we don't have an idea as fans so it is hard to predict what they want in this year's draft.

Possible scenarios: I'll assume they are happy with Turner at RG and Williams at RT

They like Matt Kalil at LT and Moton at LG - We need to find a center this year or next to replace Ryan <best situation

They don't like Matt Kalil at LT but they think Williams can move over then we need a center and right tackle.  Unless Moton can play right tackle then we need a center and left guard.

They don't think Kalil, Williams, or Moton can play LT then we need left tackle and and center if Moton can play LG.

If Moton can't play guard then we need a center, guard, and possible left tackle depending on how they feel about Matt. <worst situtaion

Either way I could see us drafting a LT, RT, guard or center prospect or even tow of them.

Sanjay's ideal draft:

R1: Mike Geisicki

R2: Hayden Hurst

R3: Mark Andrews

R5: Dalton Schultz

Convert Funchess back to TE and evolve our offense.

Flip our 11-5 record to 5-11...because TE is what the difference in our season being successful and a flop.

Archived