• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

some more inside info

juliosantos

13 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

It shows a clear organizational belief that the position of safety is not valued. From beginning to now we don't value safetys high in our schemes. 

The 2 years our defensive scheme worked the best (2013-2015).   You had pro bowl play from the safety position (Mitchell 2013- Colemen 2015).. So either someone not pay attention in our FO or this will be rectified this year...

I know for sure Hurney remembers the Nakumara mistake and doesn't want to repeat that poo.  Hurney was in the FO when we drafted Deon Grant in the 2nd round in the 2000 draft..

51 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The 2 years our defensive scheme worked the best (2013-2015).   You had pro bowl play from the safety position (Mitchell 2013- Colemen 2015).. So either someone not pay attention in our FO or this will be rectified this year...

I know for sure Hurney remembers the Nakumara mistake and doesn't want to repeat that poo.  Hurney was in the FO when we drafted Deon Grant in the 2nd round in the 2000 draft..

I'm not saying they shouldn't I'm saying they won't. Especially since multiple people including an insider like Voth say it's not a important position for us. And the previous years drafts bear that out. Unless the top two safety's drop it's probably not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't I'm saying they won't. Especially since multiple people including an insider like Voth say it's not a important position for us. And the previous years drafts bear that out. Unless the top two safety's drop it's probably not going to happen.

Then that means this team is coach and ran by idiots...

12 minutes ago, panther252 said:

Just once I'd love to know what this team could be like with a high end talent at the safety position. 

As long as this team is still constructed under Riveras philosophy its wishful thinking. 

Probably will never get the best out of Cam more importantly.

12 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Just got back from the gym with my good friend thats a scout . Keep in mind he is a scout and hes speaking from what hes hearing with his group and the final say does come down to hurney which there is a lot of factors that go into making the pick. This info isn't too crazy but i think its worthy to share . Al ot of people think we are going to take a rb early but thats not the case and its more likely we dont draft a running back or we pick one in the later rounds 5th or even past that,  wont be any big names like michel or chubb unless they fall drastically. My friend said rivera is 100% sold on starting cameron artis payne in the jonathan stewart role , so even if there is a drafted rb he will likely sit behind cap . Hurney wants the early round draft picks to be starters and play immediately so its best interest that they dont draft a high rb.

First round pick is either wr or db , most likely cb . They dont believe bradberry is a number one cb so either rounds 1 or 2 most likely is going to be a corner. They believe cb is a bigger need then safety is .Another position we are projecting early is tight end , hurney wants a starter from day 1 in the dickson role . Norv turner has a big say on this draft and he specifically wants a wr and he has a tye , cortland sutton is far down the list and were not interested in him. he told me as of now and he said it changes a lot but our top 3 receivers are kirk , ridley and dj moore . all 3 are first rounders . 

I talked to Ron Rivera, Hurney & the new owner, the 1st rounder is going to be either TE or RB with 3rd round going to SS & FS.

5ab68f0946d36_ScreenShot2017-04-16at11_21_48PM.png.ec73a13e7d507fd8d0ab35fc282db227.png5aa335d643f14_ScreenShot2018-03-09at8_32_34PM.thumb.png.aabf4ec08849bea1d14db43551335fff.png

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

When I responded at who I wanted this year in the first 3 rounds I wanted a corner like Oliver and TE like Hurst or Gesicki. So this is right away n line with my earlier thinking.

Hurst is a stallion, Cam needs to take him on a ride. 

cam_cowboy.jpg?w=2000&h=1200&crop=1

Archived