• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Day, Another WFNZ Debacle

NJPanthers12

It is like Charlotte is allergic to having solid, respectable media members. Today that clown, Tony the Hitman whatever his last name is, moved Kroeger out of the 2-6 spot and replaced him with Bailey and Garcia. Everyone knows in sports tak radio, the 1-6 or 2-6 time slot is the coveted slot.

How Frank Garcia somehow weasled his way into that spot is unfathomable. Frank Garcia wouldn't be allowed on the 12-4AM shift here in NY, let alone the afternoon drive. But franks incompetence can be left for another day.

What this means is that Chris Kroeger will probably be leaving WFNZ. I am not saying I know this for a fact, but this is a clear demotion. It truly is a shame because you can tell how passionate he was about this city and it's teams. He also was very well spoken and was a pleasure to listen to.

Well done Tony and the suits over at Entercom. You continue to show us everyday how truly incompetent you all are.

Anything that makes Frank Garcia easier to ignore is fine with me. Sometimes I would forget to turn my radio off after Mac Attack ends and I don't know how ratings in radio work but the thought that I might be helping that show stay on the air really upset me. Now at least I can turn it off and leave it off for the rest of the day.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Peopl actually still listen to the radio? Do they do it while reading the daily newspaper?

It's handy while you're driving, or if you need some background noise and there's nothing good on TV.

And I like Kroeger. Don't always agree with him, but he's the best they've had in that slot for a while.

I hate this switch. Garcia is a blowhard who is so full of himself and likes creating fake drama by asking ridiculous questions such as " is Cam Newton just a running back". He's an old school guy in a new school market. No one that's not 40+ wants to listen to his drivel on the way home from work. 

22 minutes ago, boney said:

Anything that makes Frank Garcia easier to ignore is fine with me. Sometimes I would forget to turn my radio off after Mac Attack ends and I don't know how ratings in radio work but the thought that I might be helping that show stay on the air really upset me. Now at least I can turn it off and leave it off for the rest of the day.

Garcia's show has been through a couple of different versions. The latest iteration seems to be based on a pretty common sports radio tactic, i.e. pairing a meatheaded jock with an intelligent sports journalist type.

Basically, it's FNZ's Golic and Greenberg.

Archived