• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid files collusion grievance against NFL

Everything in this thread is conjecture. Any side can play the what if side. 

Watch this> >

NFL: Hey 49ers offer Eric Reid a lowball 1 year 4 million offer. He will reject it and go to free agency

NFL: All other teams show feint interest in Reid to not prove collusion but don't offer him anything. 

Fact is Reid is a talented, young safety. He is the most talented FA safety available and under normal circumstances would have a job. I am not trying to debate the validity of what Reid did or how it affected his career. I am just saying this all has gone overboard. 

18 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Everything in this thread is conjecture. Any side can play the what if side. 

Watch this> >

NFL: Hey 49ers offer Eric Reid a lowball 1 year 4 million offer. He will reject it and go to free agency

NFL: All other teams show feint interest in Reid to not prove collusion but don't offer him anything. 

Fact is Reid is a talented, young safety. He is the most talented FA safety available and under normal circumstances would have a job. I am not trying to debate the validity of what Reid did or how it affected his career. I am just saying this all has gone overboard. 

Your conspiracy theory MIGHT hold water if Reid were the only safety not being signed.  The fact is that nearly no safeties have been signed.  So, it appears it ya more a fact that the safeties on the open market beli be their value us much higher than teams are viewing their value.

For that reason alone, his collusion claim will go nowhere.

21 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Because he’s better than half the QBs starting in the league, but they didn’t take a knee so you know...

There’s a group of 20+ of us who will be at 2 Panthers games this year, and we plan on sitting during the anthem to let players like Reid & Kaep know not only are we with them, but either we, our family members, or friends have experienced what they’re kneeling for. I’ll let you know more about it at a later time.

34 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

There’s a group of 20+ of us who will be at 2 Panthers games this year, and we plan on sitting during the anthem to let players like Reid & Kaep know not only are we with them, but either we, our family members, or friends have experienced what they’re kneeling for. I’ll let you know more about it at a later time.

Good for you, support the cause.

again though, it’s not on your employers dime.

theirs was on national tv,... while in uniform representing the national football league in an unsanctioned protest.

if I do that even on Facebook and my employer sees it, I can be fired,..

and other companies that know that’s why I got fired may not hire me.

it was like that at every employer I’ve ever had,.. 

so bravo on their stand— or kneel in this case, but they have to deal with the consequences of their revolution they decided to do at work where everyone could see.

like I said, most Fortune 500 companies will fire you even if you are not at work because you represent the company all the time,.. 

the mouse, my employer says we are “always on stage”

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

Your conspiracy theory MIGHT hold water if Reid were the only safety not being signed.  The fact is that nearly no safeties have been signed.  So, it appears it ya more a fact that the safeties on the open market beli be their value us much higher than teams are viewing their value.

For that reason alone, his collusion claim will go nowhere.

Good thing your not a laywer, your argument would be thrown in the trash can where it belongs.

25 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Good thing your not a laywer, your argument would be thrown in the trash can where it belongs.

When he wins his case you can crow but until then you're the one who clearly has no fuging idea what they are talking about. 

Again you guys are making the wrong argument. 

Arguing over whether you agree with their protest, believe it was legal or not, believe the teams collided or not is irrelevant.

The Seahawks reportly asked Kap if he was done sitting or kneeling and he said no,... not hired.

its not about the kneeling,.. it’s about using your employers name and forum to promote your cause that has not been approved by the ones running the business.

had Kaepernick and Reid gone to the NFL and petitioned with the players union to get their cause approved, and were successful then the NFL and others would have been supporting. But they didn’t.

controversial subject done in a very polarizing way that detracts attention away from the what the brand is,.. good ok fashion entertainment, where people come to watch and take a parenthesis from political subjects,...

boom, fired. The NFL lawyers will make the same argument. Employers have a right to part ways if you conduct conduct including protests of a controversial subject in public and it hurts their brand.

not only did they do it in public.... they did it at work,.. in their uniforms in front of millions of people.

people didn’t watch football,.. they and me and all of you were and still are arguing over the validity of their cause and whether it’s defouling the flag or not.

its controversial, they are public figures and they were on the clock,...

fired.

all of the other potential employers saw it too—-

It’s not collusion to refuse to hire someone because when they are at work,.. they are not representing and doing their best to work for you,... they are too busy conducting their cause, detracting and making distractions from your brand—- and polarizing— some love and many hate— so the ones you alienate because of it don’t watch.

you guys don’t get that so it makes me think you don’t work or have not worked for real companies with real branding and image concerns. 

In the military if I was even caught in a picture of something deemed disrespectful unbecoming or detrimental to the Marine Corps I was prosecuted.

a girl I worked with at New York Life Insurance company was fired because she put political(ummm MCCain for president) stickers all over her car. 

Cant do that, the company sells stability to families in rough economies— red or blue don’t matter— she argued it was her private car— the answer was she was going on appointments to peoples homes and it was visible—- fired

working for the Mouse now,... people get fired all the time, for making public even off work spectacles out of themselves.

again,.. it’s an irrelevant argument— if you work for a large company with a protected brand you have to behave in a manner they approve of or you are fired. Period.

thats why Kap and Reid have no job,... but they are still rich so who cares.

31 minutes ago, tondi said:

When he wins his case you can crow but until then you're the one who clearly has no fuging idea what they are talking about. 

Courts  have ruled that you can still discriminate selectively......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html

But in a pointed decision that repeatedly invoked Mr. Trump’s public comments, Judge Derrick K. Watson, of Federal District Court in Honolulu, wrote that a “reasonable, objective observer” would view even the new order as “issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion, in spite of its stated, religiously neutral purpose.”

In Maryland, Judge Theodore D. Chuang echoed that conclusion hours later, ruling in a case brought by nonprofit groups that work with refugees and immigrants, that the likely purpose of the executive order was “the effectuation of the proposed Muslim ban” that Mr. Trump pledged to enact as a presidential candidate.

Why don't you research some prior cases and while your at it shut the fug up.

35 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Courts  have ruled that you can still discriminate selectively......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html

Why don't you research some prior cases and while your at it shut the fug up.

Before the last thread was locked I gave you examples/cases where the first amendment was upheld only on a personal basis or if you were a government employee. If you are acting on behalf of your business (on the clock, in uniform, under contract, or at a business function) then the courts have continued to rule in favor of the business, limiting the rights of the first amendment on the individual level in those circumstances. Business have rights as well. Now either you didn't read my reponses or you choose not to accept it since previous cases is what you're requesting from other posters and those were in that thread. At this point you have an agenda and there's no dialogue for discussions, especially by a response of "just shut up" and dribble that you continue to give.

2 hours ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

@MadHatter  please learn more about the American legal system.

P.S. Do you know why Trump travel ban was overruled in the courts? 

Well, since I was told this exact thing by an actual lawyer, you would be wrong again.

He cannot prove that the reason he has not been signed is because of his stance and collusion....as nearly every player on the open market  at his position has not been signed.  He cannot shoe correlation or causation.

not to mention that he WAS offered a contract for $4m a year...he just brli CRD he is worth more.  The fact that so many safeties are on the market and that even the ones being signed are for much less money proves that he is just overvaluing himself.

Now, Karpernick has a legit argument and a chance at winning a lawsuit like this.  But, even if a hand selected liberal judge ruled in Reid’s favor, it would be overturned on appeal.

thanks for playing...but you fail.

Archived