• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Tepper Move Training Camp?

Snake

23 minutes ago, Lamont said:

Charleston - The Citadel (lowcountry)

Myrtle Beach - Coastal Carolina (grandstand)

Spartanburg/Greenville - Wofford/Furman (upstate) 

Orangeburg - South Carolina State (midlands)

Charleston Southern University would be another option in Charleston. As much as I'd LOVE it in Charleston, I think the mountains (Asheville, Boone, etc.) might make more sense from a weather/temperature standpoint. 

32 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Cribbs Kitchen, City Range, Renato's and Brickhouse get good reviews.. 

Since last year's TC there are several new restaurants that have opened in Spartanburg - FR8yard, The Kennedy, The Silo at RJ Rockers, Level 10 in the new AC Hotel to name a few.

From press conference today:

"There is a logical place for this team and it is Charlotte. And it is the Carolina Panthers.  And that means this team has to have some sort of presence in the Carolinas.  The last time I saw, how many are there? (holding up 2 fingers)  That's right.  There's two of them.  So Charlotte is the logical place for a stadium.  As far as a new stadium, again you are asking me too much. (laughs)  The only thing I have a market on right now is lack of knowlege, I will call it stupidity. So I got that down.  I will learn a lot more in the future.  I'm a person who doesn't like to....I like to know what I know and I know what I don't know.  So I don't want to say too much what I don't know."

Also:

"I have a great appreciation for how stupid I am. And sometimes it is better to do nothing than doing something."

3 minutes ago, faninsc said:

From press conference today:

"There is a logical place for this team and it is Charlotte. And it is the Carolina Panthers.  And that means this team has to have some sort of presence in the Carolinas.  The last time I saw, how many are there? (holding up 2 fingers)  That's right.  There's two of them.  So Charlotte is the logical place for a stadium.  As far as a new stadium, again you are asking me too much. (laughs)  The only thing I have a market on right now is lack of knowlege, I will call it stupidity. So I got that down.  I will learn a lot more in the future.  I'm a person who doesn't like to....I like to know what I know and I know what I don't know.  So I don't want to say too much what I don't know."

Yeah, that statement made it sound a lot more likely that training camp is gonna stay in South Carolina somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that statement made it sound a lot more likely that training camp is gonna stay in South Carolina somewhere.

I also think this was a telling statement when asked about minority owners and football stuff:

"I have a great appreciation for how stupid I am. And sometimes it is better to do nothing than doing something. So I think you want to be very careful and move very carefully when you do anything.  And that is what I will do on that side (football) of the business."

1 minute ago, Moneyman321 said:

Kind of off topic but does anyone know when the fan fest will be this year? I known in past couple of years it has been around the first week of August on that Friday or Saturday. 

Based on first preseason game being Aug. 9, figure Fanfest will be Aug. 3 if keep it on Friday night.

Archived