• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers RT Darryl Williams Injures Right Knee - "It's Bad"

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

I am a big a Hurney hater as they come, but let's give him a chance before we call it a bad season.

Today was day 3 of training camp. The Panthers have a lot of time to find a replacement.

Was 13 years not chance enough. He is the Amini of GMs. 

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

We had to get some DB’s...this is not Hurneys fault

but now he has to get us some depth...probably come from waiver wire

wasnt Williams yet another DG pick?

Yes he was. Most of our good parts came from Dave. Waver wire will not be useful because there is 20 teams above us. 

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

You are right...KB was only our #1 WR at the time

Losing a guy who was good for one season at a position that you had Funchess, Olsen, and Ginn is not the same as losing your all pro RT. Let me put it in this prospective since you are having a hard time grasping logic. Losing our Starting LT and a starting WR would have been better. Now we have two voids on the line and no backups. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Losing a guy who was good for one season at a position that you had Funchess, Olsen, and Ginn is not the same as losing your all pro RT. Let me put it in this prospective since you are having a hard time grasping logic. Losing our Starting LT and a starting WR would have been better. Now we have two voids on the line and no backups. 

I'm gutted for Daryl and I agree it is the worst case scenario for our Oline. But apply your first sentence to Williams; last year was a breakout for him and he hasn't had sustained (multi-season) success at his position yet. It's not impossible that he may have regressed this year. As someone else said G situation hasn't really changed except that Moton is no longer part of that competition. The T position depth is much more of a concern for me than who starts at G now. 

Archived