• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers CB Ross Cockrell Injures Left Leg - "Didn't Look Or Sound Good"

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, PantherGuy said:

I thought he was the one who fooled us with his healthy. Why does Breeland hate us so much now?

How positive would you feel about someone who pulled an 8 million a year offer off the table and told you to go away?

This isn't that bad folks. Just like the Williams injury, it happened early in camp with plenty of time to still put together a competitive secondary. It's not like we lost an All-Pro or anything, the dude never even made Pro Bowl. There will be 20 Ross Cockrell's cut between now and the beginning of the season. These injuries so far are excuses for a bad season, not a reason. I'll join the sky is falling chorus if Luke or Cam get hurt.

4 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

the dude never even made Pro Bowl.

haha this quote made me laugh. I am glad you are using this reason as your fuel for the "no big deal" argument.

I agree that this happening early at least gives us a chance to counter, but it's one less experience player on the field unless we give up something in a trade or sign someone off the street. Right now the only decent player on the street is DRC.

Panthers cornerback Ross Cockrell will undergo surgery after fracturing his left tibia and fibula in Monday morning’s practice, the team announced.

Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports that Cockrell eventually will end up on injured reserve.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/30/ross-cockrell-will-undergo-surgery-on-his-fractured-left-leg/

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Yeah, he's done for the year. Question now is weather we sign another CB for numbers (camp body) or does Hurney go after guys like Rodgers-Cromartie or Breeland

They'll sign another camp body.  That's about all they can afford now.  Maybe after final cuts they can get someone but what you see is what you got.

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Yeah, he's done for the year. Question now is weather we sign another CB for numbers (camp body) or does Hurney go after guys like Rodgers-Cromartie or Breeland

I say Breeland. This is Davis' last season, Peppers may hang it up after this season as well along with Kalil, and players like Olsen, Luke and Cam aren't getting any younger.  No more of these "future" bullshit, win now.  Do whatever it takes. 

Just now, The Lone Panther said:

Many were calling him the hidden gem in this year's offseason signings. Man, this sucks. 

To be fair, every time we sign a backup corner off of some other team, people talk like we just signed the single most underrated player in the league. I can't really recall anybody living up to that kind of hype yet though.

Still, Cockrell appeared to at least be decent depth. Losing him hurts, especially when we were looking thin already.

1 minute ago, The Lone Panther said:

I say Breeland. This is Davis' last season, Peppers may hang it up after this season as well along with Kalil, and players like Olsen, Luke and Cam aren't getting any younger.  No more of these "future" bullshit, win now.  Do whatever it takes. 

Voth has stated that Breland is not happening.

Archived