• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Khalil...

Millioso7

31 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Want to have some fun? Go back and read the threads about Kalil since he signed. Lots of fun reading the usual suspects chastising any and everyone that dared say Matt was an awful signing. 

God that was nauseating. The nutthugging and justifications were absurd.

And its a double whammy when you consider that all that money he is making could have been spent on our secondary or elsewhere on the Oline.  If he was sucking and making a couple million a season it would be so much less devastating to the entire team. 

I don't think anyone here is arguing Matt Kalil is good, the future  or even reasonably priced. Lord knows he's overpaid.

But all we need is for him to be solid. And he's shown he can be that, late last season he had solid games.

I'd rather for him to take his lumps in week 2 of the preseason against Robert Quinn (I can't wait for someone to google his stats and say HE SUCKS NOW) and try to improve by regular season than him just breeze through the preseason and get mauled in the regular season.

Some of you guys would rather be right and miserable about a player being bad than optimistic.

It's both funny and sad.

In the future tho - Please have Armah or a TE help Kalil with speed rushers, he gets the yips hardcore against good speed rushers.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

God that was nauseating. The nutthugging and justifications were absurd.

Took a gander...the reactions are justifiable the first few pages.  A lot of pessimism and skepticism.  People knew he wasn't that great in Minny. 

I guess the thread takes a turn for the positive eventually?  

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

I don't think anyone here is arguing Matt Kalil is good, the future  or even reasonably priced. Lord knows he's overpaid.

But all we need is for him to be solid. And he's shown he can be that, late last season he had solid games.

I'd rather for him to take his lumps in week 2 of the preseason against Robert Quinn (I can't wait for someone to google his stats and say HE SUCKS NOW) and try to improve by regular season than him just breeze through the preseason and get mauled in the regular season.

Some of you guys would rather be right and miserable about a player being bad than optimistic.

It's both funny and sad.

In the future tho - Please have Armah or a TE help Kalil with speed rushers, he gets the yips hardcore against good speed rushers.

What is truly pathetic is people still trying to justify their “sunshine and rainbows” outlook on a player that has proven for 5+ years he sucks. And that somehow telling the truth(or predicting something happening and having it come completely true) is not as noble as your theories, which are completely false. 

And anyone with a decent knowledge of the NFL doesn’t have to look up any stats to know Quinn’s play dropped off considerably over the past two years. But I don’t think you’re interested in facts. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

What is truly pathetic is people still trying to justify their “sunshine and rainbows” outlook on a player that has proven for 5+ years he sucks. And that somehow telling the truth(or predicting something happening and having it come completely true) is not as noble as your theories, which are completely false. 

And anyone with a decent knowledge of the NFL doesn’t have to look up any stats to know Quinn’s play dropped off considerably over the past two years. But I don’t think you’re interested in facts. 

No it..really didnt? 

While playing out of position at  OLB in a 3-4 defense he still notched 8.5 sacks, making some players on teams like the Saints and Eagles, both teams with better LTs than us by miles 

2015 and 2016 he was injured a ton.  He played 15 games in those two seasons. But I mean, its not like Panthers fans know anything about a player being injured for two seasons and coming back better.

Matt Kalil is gonna let up sacks. He's gonna get beat sometimes. He's grossly overpaid and god I can't wait til we move on from him and upgrade. 

But some of you act like it's a death sentence.  Its not. We can win with him. If it's sunshine and rainbows because I'm rooting for my goddamn team and the players on it, so be it.

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

No it..really didnt? 

While playing out of position at  OLB in a 3-4 defense he still notched 8.5 sacks, making some players on teams like the Saints and Eagles, both teams with better LTs than us by miles 

2015 and 2016 he was injured a ton.  He played 15 games in those two seasons. But I mean, its not like Panthers fans know anything about a player being injured for two seasons and coming back better.

Matt Kalil is gonna let up sacks. He's gonna get beat sometimes. He's grossly overpaid and god I can't wait til we move on from him and upgrade. 

But some of you act like it's a death sentence.  Its not. We can win with him. If it's sunshine and rainbows because I'm rooting for my goddamn team and the players on it, so be it.

Fine. That’s your approach. And if Kalil was playing at a Pro Bowl level, you and many others, would have “told ya so” threads non-stop. Just like everyone used Oher as an “excuse” to “wait and see” on Kalil. 

And Quinn’s PFF ratings 

2015: 83.3

2016-68.1

2017–58.1

Seems at least one impartial source agrees with me. 

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Fine. That’s your approach. And if Kalil was playing at a Pro Bowl level, you and many others, would have “told ya so” threads non-stop. Just like everyone used Oher as an “excuse” to “wait and see” on Kalil. 

And Quinn’s PFF ratings 

2015: 83.3

2016-68.1

2017–58.1

Seems at least one impartial source agrees with me. 

Difference is I don't care if I'm right?  I have never been one for I told you so's. Sarcastic mocking over reactions and hot takes? Sure. But I don't give a poo if I'm right. Because I don't give a poo if I'm wrong either. I was one of the loudest Funch and Norman detractors here. I was one of the more vocal Cason supporters too. If I'm wrong about Kalil so be it, doesn't mean I'm not gonna root for him, or ignore the stretches last season where he was a serviceable LT for us.

i also take the same stance on Aimini as I do Kalil. I want him to do good as a Panther, but lord KNOWS he's hot fugin' ass an I felt less confident with him starting than I do Kalil. Amin

And, again, 2016 he played in 8 games, started 7 while battling injuries. 2017 he played out of position, still got 8.5 sacks, good for second on the Rams last year.

But, yeah, blindly look at  PFF ratings and pretend like they're the sole determining factor of a players talent level or importance to the team, or their talent. 

20 minutes ago, Rags said:

Difference is I don't care if I'm right?  I have never been one for I told you so's. Sarcastic mocking over reactions and hot takes? Sure. But I don't give a poo if I'm right. Because I don't give a poo if I'm wrong either. I was one of the loudest Funch and Norman detractors here. I was one of the more vocal Cason supporters too. If I'm wrong about Kalil so be it, doesn't mean I'm not gonna root for him, or ignore the stretches last season where he was a serviceable LT for us.

i also take the same stance on Aimini as I do Kalil. I want him to do good as a Panther, but lord KNOWS he's hot fugin' ass an I felt less confident with him starting than I do Kalil. Amin

And, again, 2016 he played in 8 games, started 7 while battling injuries. 2017 he played out of position, still got 8.5 sacks, good for second on the Rams last year.

But, yeah, blindly look at  PFF ratings and pretend like they're the sole determining factor of a players talent level or importance to the team, or their talent. 

I don’t need your history. Just stop acting like having an honest discussion, with differing opinions from yours, is “funny and sad”, as you put it. You sure don’t have problem telling everyone else how to properly express themselves.  You came in and attacked everyone who had the nerve to be upset with Kalil’s play last night. F you don’t like it t, don’t click on it. Or be prepared for some backlash. 

And I provided information to back up my statement that Quinn’s play dropped of the past two years, as I stated. Has he played as well the last two years as before? Make any excuses you want. It’s still true. 

Archived