• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Panthers Announce First Wave Of Cuts

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Does CJ have return experience. I could look it up, but I'm on my phone, in bed, nearly asleep. So glad preseason primetime games are over. Staying up until 3am here last night has me exhausted.

But you did your job.  At ease, soldier! :)

11 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Thing is CAP is healthy with not a lot of tread on the tires, has experience with our team, and is a better runner. 

I mean, a player can only produce when the coaches allow him on the field.

And when they do, he is 4+ ypc and has a 100% catch rate on passes where he is the target.

Have we ever seen anything "big" from CAP?  No, because the coaches either kept him in street clothes or on the sideline while Jonathan Stewart got his strong, Rivera-safe 3.0 ypc.

But has he done well in his limited chances?  Almost every damn time.

"never have seen anything" people... OK. lol

7 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Does CJ have return experience. I could look it up, but I'm on my phone, in bed, nearly asleep. So glad preseason primetime games are over. Staying up until 3am here last night has me exhausted.

doesnt show any returns in his stats

24 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

Am I blind or what cause I did not see him play much or stand out....LOL

Probably didn’t see him making mistakes either. Which can be just as good sometimes. I thought him & friend looked like gamers with more experience. Thought Clausell did a decent job at RT compared to left.

because of the injuries on the OL, it might be the day after cut day before Panthers make a move to bring in a new lineman.

have to carry Williams/Silatolu/Sirles on the roster for a day before putting them on IR with a chance to return. adding another OL before then just means another player somewhere else that you have to cut immediately.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Yep.  Nice call.  He sucked last night. 

A few notables NOT cut yet (OL)

• Friend (I think we like him)
  • Mahon (will make the roster)
  • Hearn (probably cut tomorrow)
  • Johnson (did we find aa gem in the dumpster?  I have not been watching him)

Funny you say Gem.  I wrote a thread a couple months ago when we signed him call Desert Gem.  I like Dorian.  Hope his kidney thing is behind him.  If it is we could have get a good depth option. 

Archived