• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen (foot) is expected to miss a significant chunk of time, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Evaluations ongoing to see how long he's out but it's clear he'll be down a while.

SgtJoo

I think the end of the road is here or not far off regardless. It blows, but that's the hard truth.

Greg was seriously rock solid for us health wise for quite a few seasons. I think we could have put in a better effort the last 3 years in bringing in someone with the actual potential necessary to possibly take the reigns from Greg down the line. Ed Dickson is a good guy, but he was never brought in for that. The laundry list of failed jags we had hopes for really don't count for anything at all. This is what happens when you waste time throwing poo at the wall hoping something sticks without actually making a real investment.

1 hour ago, Pantherxtreme said:

I beg to differ, one of the surprising attributes I've noticed from the rookie tight-end has been his blocking. We definitely haven't been looking at the same games. 

Yeah I guess ur going off preseason and he was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers? Totally different facing these starters.

3 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

Hate to be that guy but that large group of people that wanted to wait to extend Olsen...... this is why.

Fluke poo happens to anyone but when you're an aging player and coming off an injury the likelihood of these things increases. 

Love Olsen and all the great memories, but team management cannot afford to get sentimental about players as they age.  It is like keeping a BMW or Mercedes after the warranty coverage runs out.  They are generally unreliable and expensive.

Archived