• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Florence

saints4lifeagain

My friends, I come to you humbly today in hope that none of you are in the path of this storm. If you are, I hope you've heeded evacuation warnings and have taken every precaution. These things can go to poo pretty quick, and this one looks to be a possible worst case scenario.

While I realize the Carolinas are not the same as Louisiana geographically, these storms can be devastating. You, your states, and your team are all in our thoughts. Here's to hoping best case scenario, safety for all involved, and while a miniscule topic in the midst of a storm, no negative affects to your Panther football season. 

All the best from your resident swamp rat. Much love.

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

yeah I saw a lot of classy posts on your board, no sarcasm.  No one wishes this kind of thing on anyone (I'm in Myrtle).  Saw the Cajun Navy has already staged in Columbia, ready to help, which is really cool.

It's not hyperbole to say the Cajun Navy will be the most productive group there. The people of Houston will attest to it.

1 minute ago, RelaxImaPro said:

Near the Wilmington area, right in the direct path of this son of a bitch.  Guess I'm just gonna ride it out.  Got enough alcohol to last the next month.  

See the source image

My guy, please don't. The alcohol won't save you from the water. My dad was an avid "stayer" before Katrina. He said never again will he stay for a major storm. I know people who sat in their hallway with a chainsaw to cut their way out if they had to. I toured Biloxi and Gulfport afterwards and saw an entire region completely whiped off the map.

Wilmington looks to be a direct hit. Leave while you can. There is literally nothing in your home worth it. Take your invaluables. Photos, heirlooms, things that can't be replaced. Take pictures of everything for insurance company and get as far away from the coast as you can. You realize they measured 83 foot waves at the NE quadrant of this thing? Go stay with family. Get a hotel. Poo, come to NO and stay with me. But get out.

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm in fayetteville but even thats only about 120 miles west of the coast 

Going down my facebook feed I see several people staying in Wilmington, Jacksonville, and other coastal areas.. do people never learn? 

I think it's something people don't understand unless they've been through it. It's one thing to look at the news. It's another to live it, or frankly, die. 

Archived