• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Redskins Gameday Thread!

Jeremy Igo

I absolutely HATE how terrible the refs are this year. So much holding against us this whole season and next to none called, that review coming in after we had already snapped the ball, the clear PI on the final play, the hit on Greg that in every other game has been a flag for hitting a defenseless receiver but of course not for us. It pisses me off so badly. The sad part is, I can't even pin the lose of the refs though after we coughed up the ball 3 times early and then squander a nice opportunity for a game winning drive by throwing to the endzone instead of trying to get 5 yards for the 1st, while still having 2 timeouts. Can't do stupid stuff like this and still expect to win.

This whole always playing down to the competition and nail biters is old to me. I’m almost done watching because it’s too damn exhausting. Why it’s every game is squarely on Rivera. Tepper needs to make sweeping changes and they need done fast 

1 minute ago, Pandora's Box said:

And Ron not going for 4th and inches on the first drive was pathetic...set the tone..

Regarding that play series, I had more of a complaint about not throwing it deep on the second and short, then giving the little toss or whatever it was to CMC on third down. I like CMC but he is not that good at picking up third (or fourth for that matter) and short.  

But I agree, he should have gone for it on 4th.

What’s crazy is the first thing I thought with us in that part of the field with 2 timeouts was that we’re almost never in the position where we have timeouts left. Cam’s decision-making down there looked like he’d never been in that situation either. We clearly don’t work on it in practice. 

Every option was available to him, including running to pick up 5 yards, but he played it like we typically do. 

Just now, ickmule said:

At some point people will realize Cam is an average Qb that lacks the killer instinct to get it done. I personally think his field vision is terrible.  

It always has been.

People always try to bring up that his receivers aren’t getting open but I’ve rewatched enough games on NFL Game Pass where I can confidently say he misses anywhere from three to five open receivers per game.

You live with it because he’s such a gymamic player but in situations like this it really hurts.

5 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

seems I said he should have hit Olsen AND that he missed CMC. You're displaying that high IQ of yours. Funny how people are criticizing 3 passes in crunch time, more than they are the 97% of the game that was horribly played and coached in all 3 phases, that forced it to be an all or nothing situation. This goes beyond simple player criticism. This poo is something else. We know what. 

He should have hit Olsen in that situation on a 3rd down with that much time and 2 timeouts.  He moved away from that and overthrew an open player.  He blew it those last throes.

5 minutes ago, emhoward said:

Cam isnt too blame for the loss, obviously. But if he's the QB we all tout him to be, he can't do what he did on those last few passes.

you know he did not have a lot of time, to set right? If we would have been running a faster pace offense...the Olsen "no catch", we would have got away with and probably scored. That is coaching telling him to slow roll it and putting more on Cam to be prefect every single play. The fast pace offense keeps defenses on their heels...we do well letting defense getting to survey our formations...really...

Defense was bad all game

Rivera pushiest out at the beginning

clock management was awful

offensive play calling was horrendous the first half

o line had no holes open for running for the most part

wrs weren’t trying to get open when Cam made more time in the pocket

cam missed some throws late

it was a full team effort on shitting the bed this week. 

7 minutes ago, WoahW said:

This whole always playing down to the competition and nail biters is old to me. I’m almost done watching because it’s too damn exhausting. Why it’s every game is squarely on Rivera. Tepper needs to make sweeping changes and they need done fast 

No such thing as playing down to the competition. The better team is the team that wins the game. 

Were not a good team right now 

Archived