• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton is our Blessing

bigdavis

No need to recite all the NFL records that Cam holds already, in his 8th season -- they're known to all, whether one is a devoted fan, a hater, a skeptic, or just a nit-picker (plenty of those here, unfortunately), who gripes about overthrown passes, or who called him a choker a week ago, vs Washington.

But here are a few salient numbers to digest from yesterday's heroic performance, wherein he took the Panthers on his back, and produced a win that will -- at the end of the season -- be recalled as the game that thrust us into the playoff picture:

In the last quarter, down 0-17, with NO indication that we were any threat to the Eagles (and their squad already doing celebration dances on the sidelines), he led drives of 80, 87, and 69 yds, for the 3 TDs that won the game.  In those 4Q drives, he completed 16 passes, for 210 yds, and 12 1st downs.  And a 17th pass, for a 2-point conversion.  Oh, and he rushed for 19 yds, too, in the process setting an NFL record for QBs of 343 rushing 1st downs.  All this, on the road, against the defending Super Bowl champs.  It was his 17th 4Q winning drive.

Now, all this should mean ONE THING to all us huddlers -- we are BLESSED to have Cam Newton as the QB of our Panthers, and anybody who in the future considers criticizing Cam for the occasional overthrow might want to recall this magical quarter of sheer will.

1 minute ago, bigdavis said:

No need to recite all the NFL records that Cam holds already, in his 8th season -- they're known to all, whether one is a devoted fan, a hater, a skeptic, or just a nit-picker (plenty of those here, unfortunately), who gripes about overthrown passes, or who called him a choker a week ago, vs Washington.

But here are a few salient numbers to digest from yesterday's heroic performance, wherein he took the Panthers on his back, and produced a win that will -- at the end of the season -- be recalled as the game that thrust us into the playoff picture:

In the last quarter, down 0-17, with NO indication that we were any threat to the Eagles (and their squad already doing celebration dances on the sidelines), he led drives of 80, 87, and 69 yds, for the 3 TDs that won the game.  In those 4Q drives, he completed 16 passes, for 210 yds, and 12 1st downs.  And a 17th pass, for a 2-point conversion.  Oh, and he rushed for 19 yds, too, in the process setting an NFL record for QBs of 343 rushing 1st downs.  All this, on the road, against the defending Super Bowl champs.  It was his 17th 4Q winning drive.

Now, all this should mean ONE THING to all us huddlers -- we are BLESSED to have Cam Newton as the QB of our Panthers, and anybody who in the future considers criticizing Cam for the occasional overthrow might want to recall this magical quarter of sheer will.

He had an amazing 4th Quarter and deserves all the credit, but that does not make him immune of criticism when he actually deserves it.  He played terribly for 3 quarters, and like a Hall of Famer for the final quarter.  We are blessed to have Cam as our QB, but that still doesnt mean he doesnt have holes in his game.  So does everybody else!

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

He had an amazing 4th Quarter and deserves all the credit, but that does not make him immune of criticism when he actually deserves it.  He played terribly for 3 quarters, and like a Hall of Famer for the final quarter.  We are blessed to have Cam as our QB, but that still doesnt mean he doesnt have holes in his game.  So does everybody else!

Agreed.  Cam has his flaws.  I do think we need to run up tempo offense.  I really think Cam's struggles with accuracy can be softened if we would just get him into a throwing rhythm.  

It seems so often that we stray from what is working in games.  He's throwing the ball well intermediate?  Let's start throwing 40 yard bombs!  We're moving the ball in the hurry up?  Let's go ahead and run it out of the I-formation three straight plays!  

We are constantly throwing off the rhythm of our offense by moving away from what the defense is giving us.  It's very frustrating.  I SWEAR I watch these games sometimes and think I could call a better offense...

10 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Agreed.  Cam has his flaws.  I do think we need to run up tempo offense.  I really think Cam's struggles with accuracy can be softened if we would just get him into a throwing rhythm.  

It seems so often that we stray from what is working in games.  He's throwing the ball well intermediate?  Let's start throwing 40 yard bombs!  We're moving the ball in the hurry up?  Let's go ahead and run it out of the I-formation three straight plays!  

We are constantly throwing off the rhythm of our offense by moving away from what the defense is giving us.  It's very frustrating.  I SWEAR I watch these games sometimes and think I could call a better offense...

Jury is DEFINITELY still out on Norv for me.  Although he is an upgrade from Shula, lets not kid ourselves, thats not hard to do.  I think it doesnt really matter who our OC is, Ron is the ultimate shot caller for this team, so his fingerprints are all over everything we do.

46 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Here we go with the "but but but but" comments. :eyeroll:

If anything you have to say about our franchise QB leading a 4th quarter comeback down 17 points begins with "but", please kindly get out because we do not need you.

Exactly this.  It makes me wonder why I keep coming here it’s mind rotting to hear people say “but we still need to run an uptempo offense” or “but he had a terrible 1st quarter” or “he takes too many sacks” I mean fuging hell he single handedly stole the hearts of the eagles I’m surprised there’s not an APB out on em.  

The only threads that should be made about cam THIS WEEK should be the discussion of whether or not he gets into the HOF the first time on the ballot or not 

Archived