• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torrey Smith OUT Sunday

trueblade

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Yes, yes yes!!!

Let's do more, high risk plays against the best defense in the league!!

Lol. 

Now, seriously. I do expect the Panthers to take their shots.  Just not going to bang the overly aggressive drum that the masses can't stop banging. 

we don't do a lot of high risk plays.  Not advocating for crazy play. 

Asking Cam to dink and dunk all over the Ravens Sunday....is crazy talk IMO.  You ask Cam to do that? Ravens going to cash in on that.  Cam isn't Tom Brady.  He can't dink and dunk 35 times on an elite D.  Never been his game.   And if he does play error free, Ravens are could enough to force punts just trying to small ball them down the field all day. 

big plays don't have to come from big bombs down field either.  The 2 players that offer the biggest play potential at WR are Samuel and Moore.  Despite little opportunity, they have proven they are the 2 biggest after the catch players we have to offer in the pass game.  They offer that big play potential on literally any pass.  Could be a screen or a 5  yard slant. 

I just think we need some big plays vs the Ravens to win.  We need to put ourselves in the best position to get them.  That is why I want Samuel and Moore.  They have the highest ceiling to create at WR and make something happen. 

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

meh.  I personally don't think trying to nickel and dime the Ravens is a great path to success.  I think we need some explosive big plays when they make sense to attempt and need to try to sit on the lead.   Cam doesn't need a poo ton of pass attempts vs the Ravens.  Bad things will happen IMO

I agree with that but We also have to avoid the sacks that will come along with trying to force these shots against and aggressive, blitzing pass rush. I’d love to see some wisdom and discipline to deal with the pass rush. Maybe some quick slants to our YAC guys when they are bringing pressure. Also some lofty over the top stuff of cam can find some touch and quit throwing lone drives.

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

I agree with that but We also have to avoid the sacks that will come along with trying to force these shots against and aggressive, blitzing pass rush. I’d love to see some wisdom and discipline to deal with the pass rush. Maybe some quick slants to our YAC guys when they are bringing pressure. Also some lofty over the top stuff of cam can find some touch and quit throwing lone drives.

YAC been my soapbox since 89's numbers went south.  We literally went to an O post 89 that offered comically known.  Funchess and Kelvin literally catch and fall.  I remember it even hurting my eyes watching the odd KB run after a catch. 

We finally have 2 guys who can make something happen.  It seems like it hurts our staff to plug them in too much.  I'm not advocating for throwing bombs all day vs the Ravens.  Probably need to attempt one early just for the sake of doing it but we just need to get the ball in the hands of CMC, Samuel and Moore this week. 

If our O's plan is Fun and Olsen to march us down all game I don't think we can put up the points we need.   Baltimore will just shut us down. 

5 minutes ago, luke262 said:

This talk of baltimores amazing defence, go check who they have played to date, puts it in perspective 

they pretty much bottled the Saints up last week the majority of that game.  Steelers too. 

Archived