• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

ncfan

At this point, I'd give up Bridges before Monk.  Bridges' shot is almost as bad as MKG's shot was prior to coach Price.  Also like MKG, I don't see him being a consistent scoring threat.  Dunks are cool and all but not if that's probably the only way you'll score.  If Borrego wants this team to live and die by the deep ball, Bridges is a horrible choice for that offense.

47 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

At this point, I'd give up Bridges before Monk.  Bridges' shot is almost as bad as MKG's shot was prior to coach Price.  Also like MKG, I don't see him being a consistent scoring threat.  Dunks are cool and all but not if that's probably the only way you'll score.  If Borrego wants this team to live and die by the deep ball, Bridges is a horrible choice for that offense.

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

9 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, rhyslloyd said:

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

12 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

I've kinda resigned myself to the reality that we probably won't do anything, too.  I'm fine keeping them both, as well, but we're stuck in that middle ground like so many teams. We aren't good enough to be a contender, but we're too good to go full on tank like we probably should in order to get that top-5 pick.  Even if we clear those contracts, we're still that middle-of-the-road team who has to throw huge money at a borderline top tier guy while the legitimate top tier guys take less money to gang up and beat our asses.  The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

33 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

47 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

11 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

And also do away with the lottery.  The beauty of the worst team picking first is that it gives them a legit chance to quickly get better and compete.  But when the worst team has the legit potential, if not likelihood, to drop several picks, you limit the ability for them to quickly improve through the draft.  Most drafts only have a couple players with true superstar potential, and dropping a few spots usually takes a team out of contention for them.  Just think how our fortunes would be different if we had drafted Anthony Davis instead of MKG like should have happened.

I know the big issue is tanking, but rather than penalize teams who legitimately are not good, but doing their best to improve, the NBA should go hard after teams that are tanking.  It's usually not too difficult to recognize when a team is tanking and not simply rebuilding anyway.  And to be honest, I would rather have the occasional tank job than not give a cellar dweller a chance to improve.  Tanking is not guaranteed to work anyway, and if it doesn't, it will quickly backfire on a team.  I just find the lottery horribly unfair to legitimate bad teams.   

• 1 month later...

Archived