• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers job vs Packers job

MVPccaffrey

1 hour ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Green Bay job is the better job.

You walk into a situation with a top 3 QB, 2 first round picks and a younger team.

Thats a great point. GB actually has a good deal of talent already on the roster too. A lot of young DBs, WRs, and a good RB. 

Not quite sure what the Packers problem is this year, haven't watched a bunch of their games. 

1 hour ago, Trill OG said:

The guy was having a career year before today. Even with a bum arm Cam is still a top 10 QB. Crazy how people can go from North to South on a player. So what do you suggest to fix the problem?

Surgery? Trade? Cut?

None of the above.  Draft for future.  Cam still has 2 or 3 good years left.

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Thats a great point. GB actually has a good deal of talent already on the roster too. A lot of young DBs, WRs, and a good RB. 

Not quite sure what the Packers problem is this year, haven't watched a bunch of their games. 

Poor situational coaching from McCarthy, Rodgers playing hurt for most of the year, and the defense not being very good.

Very similar to the situation in Carolina. Maybe the two teams can swap head coaches lol

1 hour ago, Snake said:

It's not much fun living in WI and it's a small town. Charlotte is way more attractive with a owner that will pay you if you do good. 

You've clearly never been to the Northwoods! But yea, won't disagree with the appeal for us.  

1 minute ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Poor situational coaching from McCarthy, Rodgers playing hurt for most of the year, and the defense not being very good.

Very similar to the situation in Carolina. Maybe the two teams can swap head coaches lol

I definitely dont want any more retread coaches. Want some new blood, preferably offensive minded. 

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

It's looking like these will be the two most promising coaching jobs available at the conclusion of the season.

Which franchise would be seen as the better destination?  On one hand, Green Bay has one of the GOATS at QB for probably another 3-4 years at least, and what's looking like a top 5-6 draft pick.  On the other hand, the Panthers arguably have a better up and coming young core, a climate/city that free agents would prefer, and new forward-looking ownership that won't be afraid to spend, unlike the Packers historically.

Why is Rodgers a GOAT quarterback,... I mean what has he done besides his team win a Super Bowl? He’s lost plenty of close games, more than most of the better quarterbacks,.. folded in crucial games when he’s not playing from the lead...

i just don’t get the love for Aaron Rodgers,.. he’s good, but no better than a laundry list of players,.  It’s like that Woody Allen movie where people are famous just because someone else famous said so,..

anyway— as far as good job— Green Bay is classic, Carolina is still a young place. 

Rodgers just had surgery and hasn’t looked good this year and has an incredible cap figure of like 30 million so no help for Green Bay.

Carolina though has half the roster gone next year so a lot of signing and drafting, good thing if you want to make your mark I guess.

Green Bay fans are much better than Carolina fans— that’s a plus

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

We have a qb who can barely throw the ball.

All due respect that is an absurd statement. I am not sure if Cam's shoulder is 100% at this point in the season, but Cam can certainly still throw. 

He made some bad decisions and got hit while he was throwing and I'm sure his shoulder got banged up some, but that is pure hyperbole

Archived