• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Plans To Be Panthers Coach In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, Panthers2019 said:

it took cowher 15 years to win a superbowl so being patient can pay off and cowher is still a name alot of panther fans want as a head coach if rivera is fired.

I think they ship sailed a long time ago. I was wanting that at one time but Cowher has been out of football too long.

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

And McCaffery, Samuel, Moton, Armah and Butker was Gettleman’s last draft and it was way better than Hurney’s first draft. Considering that Matt Kalil’s atrocity of a contract was $11m per year and Hurney gave Poe, Searcy, CJ and Smith $18.8m this year for nothing, not sure why Hurney 2.0 is still a thing. In preseason we lauded him, but Gaulden and Haynes did nothing, Donte went from ROY to a rookie getting burned weekly in the losing streak and the FAs turned to poo.

Hurney hasn’t been as solid as we thought. 

Armah wasn't a good pick. He doesn't even get game time. We could have found an undrafted FA to do what he does.

Searcy got injured. You're reaching there.

The coaches wouldn't play CJ so you can't fault him. He was a cheap pickup anyway.

Donte had a good year overall.

13 hours ago, Cdw said:

The look on Ron's face would be priceless.  Heres hoping.

you know what look its gonna be.   same one he always has with that little mix of surprise and disgust he gets when someone asks him a question that may point his own accountability.  the one where he uses his sideways eye to locate someone to throw under the bus.

19 hours ago, Chaos said:

Forgive me if I find it difficult to get excited about the off-season and future following this abortion of a season with the same brain dead idiot at the helm.  Realistic or not, that's where I'm at with it.

the 9's have always been good to me, and, now Rivera is coaching for another contract and it is an odd year... 

15 hours ago, Cdw said:

A lot of folks seem to feel that way.  And also that he needs someone else to manage the clock, another guy in charge of when to use challenges, someone to help evaluate the depth chart etc.  Pretty much, Ron would be a great HC if he only had to worry about calling the D.... Except on 3rd and long, lets get him another guy to handle the decision making in those circumstances.  We do all that and then Id be fine with Ron hanging around looking lost on the sideline another year.

So in other words Ron is great as long as he doesn't have to make head coach decisions LoL

What I believe is that a VP situation like John Elway or Tom Coughlin will happen, and a new GM first.

thats a lot of moving parts for one offseason so Rivera will stay. I just think there’s not enough of an offseason to retool for next year firing everyone unless you are ok with a 3-13 season next year and possibly the year following.

the best chance to make change and still field a competitive team next year is the office first, then coach next year.

if it was me, they all gone, rip the bandaid off and do the deed but I’m not the mad scientist playing with dirty bonds and stocks

2 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Only ron can go 0-8 without getting fired . Not like we are a Super Bowl contender anyway . I still believe my source in rivera being fired 

I think we need to change his name from Riverboat Ron to Teflon Ron.  The guy just won't go away.  3 winning seasons out of 8.  I would be embarrassed and resign.  Not Teflon Ron.  He just keeps on going.

1 hour ago, raz said:

you know what look its gonna be.   same one he always has with that little mix of surprise and disgust he gets when someone asks him a question that may point his own accountability.  the one where he uses his sideways eye to locate someone to throw under the bus.

Image result for laughing spit water gif

Archived