• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here for my lumps...

saints4lifeagain

On 1/20/2019 at 6:47 PM, saints4lifeagain said:

Incredibly tough call, but you have to keep playing. Defense should have stopped them. Offense should have scored. Defense should have stopped them again. Multiple opportunities. 

Yea at the end of the day, defense could have made the no call a moot point. Good season tho

25 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Not like the refs didn't miss about 4 game changing calls against the Saints as well.  Excuses excuses.  Don't want to hear it.  Brees threw a horrible pick and cost his team the NFC Championship.  

Not gonna talk about the shot to Brees head on the pick? No? That's not a gamechanging call? 

Lol. I haven't made any excuses. I said they had to keep playing and had multiple opportunities afterwards. The officiating was terrible all day. The fact is, you make the easiest PI call of all time and the Saints win the game. You call roughing in OT and the Saints have the ball at the 50. 

22 minutes ago, RumHam said:

so many calls/noncalls went the saints way the first three quarters. You blew a lead when you should have blown them out. It's proof that you can't capitalize on opportunities with field goals.

Refs blew calls both ways all day. I can say they should have kept playing, and you can say they should have won. Nothing wrong with it either way.

9 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I would point to this Saints loss as the Hubris of Sean Payton.

I keep seeing talk about the playcalling on the last drive. Drew checked out of the run on 1st down to the slant to MT, which was WIDE OPEN, by the way, he just missed the throw. Then called a beautiful play that should have been a TD, if not for an egregious PI call that wasn't called. The playcalling didn't lose the game.

1 minute ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Not gonna talk about the shot to Brees head on the pick? No? That's not a gamechanging call? 

Lol. I haven't made any excuses. I said they had to keep playing and had multiple opportunities afterwards. The officiating was terrible all day. The fact is, you make the easiest PI call of all time and the Saints win the game. You call roughing in OT and the Saints have the ball at the 50. 

Refs blew calls both ways all day. I can say they should have kept playing, and you can say they should have won. Nothing wrong with it either way.

The facemask non-calls were pretty doggone obvious playboy.  You make those two calls and the Rams probably get two more touchdowns.  Frankly it should have been a blowout in the Rams favor.  

And for the record, you haven't made many excuses.  It's mostly been other members of the forum.

1 hour ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I hate the saints, and yes, this brings me emmense joy.  That said, imo, saints were the benefactor of more calls or no calls during the game, the rams were the benefactor of the biggest call (or non-call). End of the day, saints should have iced that in the first.  Blame the PI all you want, but the biggest part of the game was settling for 3 instead of TDs in the first quarter. 21-0, or even 17-0 and the game was out of reach, instead letting the rams hang around killed yall.

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

The facemask non-calls were pretty doggone obvious playboy.  You make those two calls and the Rams probably get two more touchdowns.  Frankly it should have been a blowout in the Rams favor.  

And for the record, you haven't made many excuses.  It's mostly been other members of the forum.

A blowout in the Rams favor? They didn't lead all game lol. Come on man. You make the 2 previous PIs on MRC on 3rd downs and it's probably a blowout for the Saints. 

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I hate the saints, and yes, this brings me emmense joy.  That said, imo, saints were the benefactor of more calls or no calls during the game, the rams were the benefactor of the biggest call (or non-call). End of the day, saints should have iced that in the first.  Blame the PI all you want, but the biggest part of the game was settling for 3 instead of TDs in the first quarter. 21-0, or even 17-0 and the game was out of reach, instead letting the rams hang around killed yall.

Obviously you think the calls benefitted the Saints. Because that's what you want to see. I respect them letting them play all day. All you want is consistency. They consistently let them play. 

However, you have to call that penalty. Even the hit to Brees head isn't a huge deal to me, because the ball was gone already, the original contact that made the ball flutter was to his arm and shoulder, and I hate seeing an irrelevant hit bring a big play back like that. The PI HAS to be called. 

21 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Obviously you think the calls benefitted the Saints. Because that's what you want to see. I respect them letting them play all day. All you want is consistency. They consistently let them play. 

However, you have to call that penalty. Even the hit to Brees head isn't a huge deal to me, because the ball was gone already, the original contact that made the ball flutter was to his arm and shoulder, and I hate seeing an irrelevant hit bring a big play back like that. The PI HAS to be called. 

As do the multiple facemasks.

Archived