• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Montessori schools

Cary Kollins

Got both my sons K & 1st grade in a "Tuition" version of one, those type of schools are prevalent here in my area.

Really love it so far, tons of enrichment activities, they use Singapore Math style which is pretty cool. They make it fun and my kids are excited to go every Am. 

They take a test every semester to gauge where they are in comparison to the CA public system and both are ahead.

My  wife and I plan to keep them in this system for as long as we can. 

i debated heavily, talked to a few people and generally found that they tend to be insulated bubbles, basically a bunch of rich white kids. of course it also depends on your demographic area, but the ones i looked at had that issue.

i put my kid in an arts magnet school. montessori philosophies underlie a lot of the education and it's also a complete cross section of society - her kindergarten class looks like a mcdonalds commercial. great measurable outcomes in all areas.

Im a fan of the framework.  Especially for kids that have demonstrated an ability to perform above grade level and have difficulty with the slower pace of the traditional classroom.

Was enrolled in a Montessori based program for grades 5-8.  At the time that's as far as the program went and I had to go back to regular old Greensboro Public Schools.

Not sure how a Montessori class for little ones would differ from regular pre/kindergarten/1-3.

Archived