• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB market : Eagles pick up Foles options

trueblade

Even if Cam wont be ready to go for a few weeks to start the season, I would absolutely fuging hate to waste cap on a QB. 

As per usual, we don't have that much space and we have gaping holes all over the Dline, Oline, limited DB depth (also per usual). 

A lot of things are pointing at 2019 being a sort of rebuilding year , even if Hurney strikes gold on the first 2 or 3 draft picks again. 

I think its way smarter to trot Allen or Heineke out there or draft a late round QB so we dont have to waste money and we can use our limited cap towards rebuilding both sides of the line. 

Sheil Kapadia of The Athletic believes the Eagles are "bluffing" and will not assign the franchise tag to Nick Foles unless they already have a trade partner in place.

The Eagles have made clear that Carson Wentz is their starter, so it wouldn't make much sense to assign Foles the franchise tag, which would net him close to $25 million. No team in their right mind would pay that amount for a backup quarterback. The Eagles are clearly posturing to drum up trade interest, though Kapadia suspects the odds of Foles being dealt are still "pretty slim." In all likelihood, the reigning Super Bowl MVP will hit the open market.

Source: The Athletic

Foles was never an option here anyway.  Best case, is Foles actually going to a QB needy team, and pushing an unsigned vet like Fitzmagic or Tyrod to us should Cam not be ready to start the year.  Maybe another early BYE, let Fitz start the first 4-5 games, Cam comes back.

That said, I don't see any way Cam doesn't start the season the way reports have sounded, and just Cam's reluctance to ever miss any time. 

Archived