• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Playoff race.

TheMaulClaw

12 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looked like some Canes fans in the crowd? 

I saw very few Canes jerseys and a ton of Whalers jerseys. Don’t know if they were true Canes fans who wore Whalers jerseys to the game or if they were old Whalers fans or just locals who thought it’d be cool to wear Whalers gear and “cheer for them.”  My whole section was Bruins fans but I was in club seats so that was expected.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

I saw very few Canes jerseys and a ton of Whalers jerseys. Don’t know if they were true Canes fans who wore Whalers jerseys to the game or if they were old Whalers fans or just locals who thought it’d be cool to wear Whalers gear and “cheer for them.”

There was a large contingent of old Whalers fans at that game.  They're still trying to get a team back there.

Whalers Fans Keep Dream Of NHL Franchise Returning To Hartford Alive

21 hours ago, t96 said:

A point is better than none but we should've won that game. Another sloppy effort in a game that we for the most part should've controlled. Bruins are overrated. First line dominated 5-5. If we don't figure out the power play (i.e. get Faulk off PP1) we won't go anywhere. We win that game easily if our PP is even just decent. Today it was a liability. And Ferland is the man and one tough SoB but man he can't stay healthy. Starting to think we shouldn't even consider signing him and should just use him as a rental. I was at the game and it was a blast but despite the point against a top team on the road, I think this team can and should be much better.

Yeah I've seen a little bit more sloppiness over the middle of the ice in the past few games.  I'm sure they'll get it figured out.  

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Yeah I've seen a little bit more sloppiness over the middle of the ice in the past few games.  I'm sure they'll get it figured out.  

Yeah bright side though is even when we’ve looked bad we’ve either won or gotten the point.

Whoo boy.. that was a fun one. Turned it off at 5-0, first time in months that I’ve turned a Canes game off early. How they respond to this tomorrow and afterwards will define this team and season. A win tomorrow and we can shrug this off. Mrazek Magic may be able to pull it off.

I also crashed after the 5-0 lead, I think we were due a couple of losses on this swing. The Boston game may have taken out the Canes legs than we thought.

RBA will start to make these games more a series now, we will drop one but have to come back after a loss. I think we going to be playing more contenders now and we got show some toughness.

Mrasek will be ready, having to two good goalies may be the key for the Canes. He's got more of an edge and will take chances, something we need now-energy and emotion.

Archived