• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Mills III tasked with game management duties

MurkN

11 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

We all bitched about it being a problem. They address the problem and you guys bitch about their solution. Ron Rivera is a really good coach with some glaring deficiencies. They've addressed one of the big ones now. Who did you guys want in his place? What candidates for Game Clock Watcher are hot right now that we've ignored? Jesus. 

I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't want the job . . . :shades:

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Honestly, my hopes are dashed after watching this. This is just slapping a title on him and nothing more. Rivera is pretty much sitting there saying that nothing is going to change and that Mills III and Skipper have been helping him in this department all along.

If my suspicions are correct, Sam should've politely declined. Not exactly a great thing to have that title on your resume when we have some of the worst clock management I've ever seen.

12 hours ago, Tbe said:

Same. So Sam mills is head coach, and Rivera is D coordinator, and the “D coordinator” is the D line coach......

Yeah, this is utterly pathetic.  It's like they finally figured out Rivera ain't cut out to be a HC but don't want to fire him.  /facepalm

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Ron is doomed.  This is a vote of no confidence if Tepper really forced this on him.

While I find the situation odd....

....we must acknowledge that Tepper has guaranteed Riverboat that he will be the head ball coach next year and likely thereafter as well --- if Ol' Man River was "doomed", Mr. Tepper would have cut the cord right away.

This video really is weak.

Ol' Man River basically says this is nothing more than an acknowledgment in the form of a title for things Mills has been doing all along --- otherwise it's just business as usual.

That is not encouraging in any way....

....business as usual as it goes to game management -- is not acceptable.

if you suck at something and you want to look better, you have two options. get better or let people see someone do it worse than you.

I guess the fear that I have is that rivera is setting Mills3 up to a sacrificial lamb. The reason I asked if he really knows his poo is I don't know if the reason he's been able to stay so long here is because of how good he is or because of who his daddy is/was.

If things look bad again, they've got someone to blame that isn't rivera, though it should be rivera because it is rivera's team and it was rivera's decision to give Mills3 the job. 

We need someone else managing the games and we;'ve needed it for a long time. if Mills3 has been calling them, then why do we want to make it official and give him the title. You'd think that rivera's own self-eval would have noticed that the game calling has been poo. 

the whole situation just smells funny. why not hire from outside to improve? because this team is a slave to the god of continuity. it either wants to give the appearance of doing things differently or it doesn't know how. 

Archived