• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season ticket renewal letter

Squirrel

2 hours ago, shulasmyhero said:

Honestly don't think this has much to do with ticket scammers.  You'll still be able to print from your Panthers PSL account as i understand it (edit: maybe not, just sent an email asking).  More to do with cutting the cost of printing and shipping the booklets IMO.

I will miss the paper ticket, like to to keep them, have every one from every game I've attended since getting my PSL's in 1998.  I am a curmudgeon that hates change (half joking) but i'll give them a shot. 

If it makes it better then great, i'll just keep the program (until they go to digital).  I am a bit skeptical, they are going to have to change/improve the stadium entry process.  I can see this scenario repeated over and over and over: drunk couple in front holding up the line because they can't get the ticket to pull up on their phone and i miss the first quarter...

If it were as simple as a printing cost issue they'd still offer PSL holders the option, for a fee.

This is about tracking PSL holders and watching their behaviour.  Seeing which owners are really attending games, and which aren't, frequency of resales, etc...

A while back on some site a person posted some info about the Broncos non-renewing some season ticket holders because they sold their tickets too often --- I thought it was a stray rumor, found it ludicrous...boy was I wrong. 

So how did the Broncos catch the offending fans?  NFL Ticket Exchange. 

Never occurred to the fans that the team would be tracking their sales....ended very badly for some long time season ticket holders.  If they had scalped them the old fashioned way (non-electronic) would probably still be season ticket holders. 

It's a little different situation here in that the Broncos don't have a PSL contract with ticket holders (not that I am aware of anyway) like the Panthers have --- and, the Panthers don't have a 70,000 person waiting list for tickets like the Broncos do.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/17/15985000/broncos-fans-disappointed-policy-revoke-season-tickets

All that said.....again, this is about mining data on PSL holder behaviour as well as creating a new revenue stream for TicketMaster, the team, and the NFL.

Same thing happening in Tampa:  https://www.ticketnews.com/2018/01/buccaneers-fans-sue-team-over-revocation/

Big brother is watching!

Good read on "electronic" ticketing here:  https://www.twincities.com/2017/07/24/timberwolves-reach-settlement-with-season-ticket-holders-in-flash-seats-lawsuit/

Timberwolves limited resales to only one channel, a channel that charged fees to both seller & buyer, and a channel in which the T-Wolves participated in said fee revenue stream.

Here's the coup de grace, T-Wolves mandated that all resales had to be for 75% of face value, or more.  Can't find someone to pay 75%...too bad.

Season ticket holders took the team to court and prevailed.

This should be very interesting to watch....

....would love to a a copy of the User-Agreement Panthers fans are going to have to sign in order to buy their tickets.

When I go to the CARvTB games with my buddy who has TB season tickets, those are all digital AND there's a season ticket laminate available.

I *think* the laminate can be used in lieu of the digital tickets... but the other bonus for the physical laminate is that Tampa offers food/bev discounts to season ticket holders via scanning the barcode.  Wasn't entirely clear if the digital tickets would work on the scanner too or not..  BUT the takeaway is that this could be the first step to making more season-ticket benefits available in the stadium.

4 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

No IT expertise here but sure seems like a "system failure" close to game time could wreak some real havoc....  Multiple airlines have had to ground all airplanes due to an IT malfunction, see no reason why it couldn't happen here as well.

I did this past season's game at Detroit and they used E-ticketing there. I had to send one ticket to my wife via the app. Once we opened our tickets, we screen shot them on our phones. So, if there is a system failure, we still have access to our tickets. However, if you are trying to transfer tickets close to game time and there was a failure, you could have a problem...

We've been having digital tickets available for a few years now, this past year was the first year I took advantage of it (because I didn't want to tear my paper tickets out their book) and it was a rather pleasant experience. We can access them directly through the Saints mobile app and it's nice to not have to worry about forgetting to grab the tickets before leaving home.

They still mail us physical tickets for season ticket holders (or if you pick up tickets at will call), but everything online is digital as they've done away with print-at-home PDF tickets as of this year for us.

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

We've been having digital tickets available for a few years now, this past year was the first year I took advantage of it (because I didn't want to tear my paper tickets out their book) and it was a rather pleasant experience. We can access them directly through the Saints mobile app and it's nice to not have to worry about forgetting to grab the tickets before leaving home.

They still mail us physical tickets for season ticket holders (or if you pick up tickets at will call), but everything online is digital as they've done away with print-at-home PDF tickets as of this year for us.

Have you tried scalping any of your tickets yet?  if so, how did that go?

PSL owner here. Used the electronic ticketing system last year many times, worked great. Always nice to get the paper ticket book in the mail at the beginning of the season but it is what it is. Transferring tickets is ridiculously easy using the Panthers app which by the way works great too.

2019 Season invoices went out too. My tickets went up around $110 total for the entire season. 

15 hours ago, Jump Zone said:

I did this past season's game at Detroit and they used E-ticketing there. I had to send one ticket to my wife via the app. Once we opened our tickets, we screen shot them on our phones. So, if there is a system failure, we still have access to our tickets. However, if you are trying to transfer tickets close to game time and there was a failure, you could have a problem...

We used e-tix this year. My son would have both of them on his iPhone because it was easier and his mom is a clutz lol. Then he would send me a screen shot of the ticket to use with stadium staff checking tickets at the top of the section.

BTW my invoice is the same for the 2019 season as it was for 2018, lower bowl. Must've realized they had been ripping us off.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:17 AM, GeorgeHanson said:

Have you tried scalping any of your tickets yet?  if so, how did that go?

I have not, I only have two seats but they’re both used every game.

However if you’re wondering about the ease of the process, from what I hear it’s rather simple. Our organization switched our account managers from Ticketmaster to SeatGeek last year and to send tickets you just type in the email of the other person (I think they have to have a SeatGeek account too) and tickets are transferred immediately. Not sure if it issues another bar code or not though.

Archived