• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Combine Thread

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I am fully back on the Winovich bandwagon if we go to a 3-4. He should be there at 47. 

We just dont have the personel to go 3-4, and it would take 2 plus years to switch. Hated Ron even mentioned it.

49 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

We just dont have the personel to go 3-4, and it would take 2 plus years to switch. Hated Ron even mentioned it.

We are not going full 3-4.  It will be a hybrid 3-4. A true 3-4 has 2 gap responsibilities. A hybrid will have one gap responsibility.  We do have most of the pices to run a 3-4 hybrid.  Except for OLB.  Which is no big deal because we don’t have any 4-3 DE’s outside of Addison so no big loss. 

Devin White ran 4.42. With Hurney’s LB history and TD leaving he would be the pick if he’s there (which he probably won’t be). 

29 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He probably just made himself a top 10 pick but if not and he’s there then there is a 100% chance that Hurney and Ron take him. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Former Bulldog Jarvis Jones type fall 

Probably my biggest “miss” ever. I remember trying to defend his game speed. He was all over the field at GA. But it’s was obvious early on that the 40 was a big tell. He was awful. 

Tony Pauline

Draft Analyst Writer

Adding fuel to the Murray fire, Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury was telling people last night that it’s a “done deal” the Cardinals will select the Oklahoma Sooners quarterback with the first pick of the draft. Whether or not Kingsbury has the final say on the choice remains to be seen, but stay tuned.

During Saturday’s podcast, I mentioned future changes to the combine being bandied about here in Indianapolis. Among them would be moving the Combine to another city, something teams and general managers are dead set against. Last night, I spoke with a scout who told me the immediate change for 2020 is player interviews taking place during the day. Presently interviews are held in the evening and often run late into the night.

At face value, this would seem to benefit the players, but I’m told the reason for the change is so the workouts could then be moved to prime time.

I’m told the New York Jets will target second-tier running backs during free agency. This affirms reports from our February 14 podcast on the Jets showing little interest in Le’Veon Bell. It’s a podcast I recommend people listen to, as we went into the reasons why the Jets may not be keen on bringing Bell into the mix.

Could the Jets still sign Bell during free agency? Absolutely; if they don’t sign a big-time pass rusher. After losing out on Kirk Cousins last year, they moved their free-agent money to cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

I continue to hear the name of Dante Fowler associated with the Jets, but people at the combine believe the length of the contract may be a sticking point between the two parties.

Fowler will likely be looking for something in the four-year range, and the Jets reportedly don’t want to offer a contract that long.

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agreed. According to what we’ve seen there’s a LB who’s as good as any that have gone top 3 before, a few DTs in the Aaron Donald or Suh mold, DEs like Joey Bosa and Clowney, WRs like Julio, a TE who might be Gronk, a C as good as any prior maybe going top 15 and we still have a day left. There are so many comparisons to top players at their positions and many players who’ve gone #1 overall or would go #1 in a redraft.

I don’t recommend using future picks but this class appears pretty loaded when you see guys slated for 2nd/3rd who I like a lot, especially along the DL (could be 3-4 OLB). I wouldn’t mind 3rd+ picks (especially if we want to capitalize on Daryl and Devin leaving) because lord knows Hurney could blow FA and the draft and Cam could get hurt, :knockonwood: for health.

I'm trying to get over it, but if there was ever a year to avoid winning a completely meaningless week 17 game to cost ourselves seven spots in every round, this was it.

19 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Probably my biggest “miss” ever. I remember trying to defend his game speed. He was all over the field at GA. But it’s was obvious early on that the 40 was a big tell. He was awful. 

Would love to trade back a little bit in the first and see if we could get 3 picks. in the top 50.  This draft is gonna be fun to watch.  

Archived