• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens cut Eric Weddle

ncfan

37 minutes ago, philp said:

What makes you think he wanted to come here? West coast guy going back to the west coast and gets to play for a contender at the tail end of his career..

He was never coming to Charlotte.

His former DC coaches the team.

He and Rivera are said to have a pretty good relationship.

1 hour ago, black-panthers said:

Weddle is good but wont be as good as Joyner. Now, maybe Hurndog pulls a rabbit out the hat and land Joyner. 

Ehhh Joyner came back down to earth this past season from his incredible 2017 campaign. So he'll definitely want a contract close or more than the tagged he played on last season 

Weddle would have been nice but I think Gipson is who we need. He’s young, will be cheaper than the likes of Joyner, Thomas and Matheui and is at least average. Which is light years ahead of what we’ve seen on the field recently. Bonus, he won’t cost us a comp pick.

Forgot to add; Bethea is such a Panthers signing. A high moral veteran that does what is asked from him. I can see the Panthers being interested.

“Couldn’t make the numbers work” (if we’re suddenly treating Joe Person’s reporting as credible) sounds more like Weddle wanted more than we were willing to pay him...not that he wanted more than we were ABLE to pay him. We have what, $16 something million in cap space? And you guys think that’s not enough to have signed him to a 2 year $13 million contract? Lol, okay...math iz hard.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, black-panthers said:

So cheaper than Reid. 

Different positions.

Difference in age as well.

Anyway, hopefully we're not getting scorched back there like the past years but, I worry we will.     I mean, we're paying Torrey Smith only a little bit less lol.

Archived