• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

Id actually say this is a good move for the Giants. 

They got a dam good OG to pair with Hernandez in the middle while opening up a few mil in cap space 

Vernon hasnt been that great in the Giants 3-4 defense at OLB

Considering that they're good at LT, LG, C, and a swingman this move solidifies the RG position; this sets the stage to sign DWill and have a vastly improved OL in comparison to last season.

Kinda like what we have been hoping for, only to find out that we're keeping Matt Kalil instead of Daryl Williams. :crying:

5 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So... let me see if I got this right.

LESS than we are paying Eric Reid?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Weddle is a very good safety don’t get me wrong, but Reid is also good and fits our scheme perfect. In Free agency, you aren’t promised that you can land just anyone being that they have a choice as to where they go. Another note, any older player gets a cheaper contract. As an example, in the past a player such as Thomas Davis at 27 hitting free agency (Reid) obviously gets more money than a 34 year old Thomas Davis (Weddle) who contemplated retirement just a few weeks ago. 

Damn.  All these team are clearing room for FA.   By the time this is done we won’t have the money to get in a bidding war over a long snapper.  This is going to be a interesting FA season.  

Considering Igo gets more clicks and posts with negative situations, he may be the next billionaire by early next month. 

51 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Why does that make me want to blame our owner, rather than our GM, who is in charge of personnel decisions and managing the cap? You do realize free agency hasn’t even started? And that a lot will happen over the next 4 days before free agency? It’s going to be a long offseason for you if you flip out every time someone makes a signing. Remember the dream team Eagles? 

Archived