• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead Redemption 2

Moorgan

Yes it's been a long time since I've posted. It's been a long time since I've clicked on the site. I could say the offseason has been long because it started early for us. And that's partially true.

But another huge reason for me being largely absent from Twitter as well is because in late October 2018, the greatest video game I have ever played came out and I've played it every day since (that I was physically at home). I don't know how many hundreds of hours if not much more I have put into that game. Maybe even 2000 hours combining online and story mode?

I was reading the GoT thread because I'm catching up. Just finished season 4 last night. The thread was nice but I couldn't bring myself to read @Bronn leak because I want to be surprised. But the thread devolved into that Family Guy clip about Breaking Bad except possibly The Wire. Anyways...

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the greatest video game I have ever played and I didn't see a thread on it. So there. Now there is. Also I'm not confirming I'm back. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Shocker said:

I have held off on RDR2 as people say it’s boring.  Have u played any other so called greatest games?  Did u play Red Dead Redemption?

They're both AWFUL video games...how in the hell can this be the best video game OP has ever played? Either your under 15 or rarely play games, like ever. And no way in hell you've ever played games on a PC.

Sloppy, uninvolving, slow, uninteresting, few perks but overall more money was put into marketing than the actual game.

I hoped so bad Skyrim or Withcer 3 hell even GTA would set standards for these type of open world games but it appears that with the right marketing anyone can fix up a pile of stereotypical crap up and the masses will love it for 1/10 of the price to produce.

It was fun at first. But I found more joy in the side missions and exploring than I did in the main storyline. It wasn't very engaging for me. It's still an excellent game but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Just lost interest. It initially looks like this very deep game with infinite possibilities. But it's mostly surface and the "upgrading" camp thing seemed like it was thrown together at the last minute.

Disclaimer: It's not easy for a game to hold my interest longer than a week.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Lumps said:

They're both AWFUL video games...how in the hell can this be the best video game OP has ever played? Either your under 15 or rarely play games, like ever. And no way in hell you've ever played games on a PC.

Sloppy, uninvolving, slow, uninteresting, few perks but overall more money was put into marketing than the actual game.

I hoped so bad Skyrim or Withcer 3 hell even GTA would set standards for these type of open world games but it appears that with the right marketing anyone can fix up a pile of stereotypical crap up and the masses will love it for 1/10 of the price to produce.

Lol so you're allowed your opinion but my opinion is either from a child or woefully uninformed? LOL ok :thinking:

Regardless, I thought the game was stunningly beautiful and the story and acting was downright amazing. You don't like it? OK. I did. I prefer games that have involved character development. Yes I played RDR1. I loved it. I used to play most video games on PC but that was a long time ago. Probably the last one I played on a PC was Oblivion. I chose to go console only strictly for money reasons. I don't even own a PC these days.

I loved Skyrim at the time and I thought Witcher 3 was interesting but ultimately too large and daunting to hold my interest. However, it wasn't the game's fault that the story was new to me as I hadn't played 1 or 2.

I almost exclusively play 1 player games as, in general, Call of Duty poo talking kids annoy me. But I still enjoy RDO. But within the last 6 months I completed Spider-Man and God of War. Again both single player games. I liked them both just fine. The only game I'm looking forward to that I'm aware of is The Last of Us 2. Loved the first one...again, acting, music, story, etc. Game play for that was a bit wonky and I didn't love the linear aspect of the story but that's most single player games.

Anyways, not sure if that meets your lofty expectations of allowing my comment to be validated by your superior opinion. LOL

Or fug off and I'll go about enjoying the game and sharing my opinion that I liked a piece of entertainment that I bought. :shades:

15 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

I just started playing again this week. Probably haven't played since December, but I'm really close to finishing the story. I'm trying to stay away from the side missions and just play the main story lines. I know I'm towards the end, so I'm just going to stick it out.

There's kind of 2 endings. So you're in Chapter 6 or the epilogue? The epilogue is very slow at the beginning but has a payoff ending. The ending of Chapter 6 is the money payoff. That's the important ending, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

There's kind of 2 endings. So you're in Chapter 6 or the epilogue? The epilogue is very slow at the beginning but has a payoff ending. The ending of Chapter 6 is the money payoff. That's the important ending, in my opinion.

I'm in Chapter 6. How do you do spoilers on here? Highlight the text below I guess.

<spoiler>

I just watched Colm hang. Now, I have to go see Eagle Flies wage war against the army because I'm too nice of a guy and said I would help him steal the horses, which opened up these other missions.

<spoiler>

Not here to pee in anybody's corn flakes, but you have to realize that there are 2 types of gamers - those who try to completely finish the game - Max out everything and finish all missions- and those with short attention spans who just want the next shiny object.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, Moorgan said:

Lol yes you're getting close to end of Chapter 6. I'd say take it slow and enjoy it from here on out. No need to rush anything at the point you are at.

I finished. It was really well done. I feel like I would have felt more emotion if I hadn't taken a month or two break in between. The epilogue was great, but it did drag on a little more than I would have liked.

Archived