• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I stopped playing fortnite (and all other video games)

Hotsauce

On 4/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, Greatman77 said:

Before I had kids (21+ years ago), I loved to play Doom, and would sometimes play for hours at a time. After having two kids, lost both the time and interest in gaming. I don't think online gaming is inherently good or bad, but it is a huge time-suck and it saddens me to see how much time my kids spend online instead of doing things in real life.

Same here. Bought myself an XBox for Christmas, downloaded Doom 2016, and got right back into it. Getting ready to replay all the Resident Evil games next.

If somebody could get the original Grand Theft Auto game back, that would be great. You will never be a man until you jump a tank between two buildings.

9 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Same here. Bought myself an XBox for Christmas, downloaded Doom 2016, and got right back into it. Getting ready to replay all the Resident Evil games next.

If somebody could get the original Grand Theft Auto game back, that would be great. You will never be a man until you jump a tank between two buildings.

The old Resident Evil games hold up so well IMO.  This is why I will never sell my PS3.

My last serious gaming was Fallout 3. After I had kids, I didn't have the time or the desire to keep up.

We got the boys a NES Classic last year, and I've broke out the N64 for them to play Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, and Rogue Squadron since. They're still young (8 and 5) and it'll be a while before we upgrade them again. They want a Switch pretty bad to play the Zelda game, but we'll see.

My PS3 (last major console purchase) just acts as a Netflix/Youtube box in our bedroom now. I did buy Madden 16 to try and play for nostalgia's sake (I think Madden 10 was my last one?) but I never do play it.

I have noticed that my taste/preferences/whatever you want to call them have changed as I've gotten older. I'm not really into the flavor of the year online competitive shooters now a days. Theyre just too extra now a days. I'd rather spend my time on a single player/narrative driven game (God of War, Spider-Man PS4, Red Dead etc) 

online multiplayer gaming only....

Rainbowsix: Rogue Spear 1999

The Wheel of Time 1999-2001ish

Counterstrike  1.5 (began with 1.5's release)

Age of Empires 2  1999-2002 ish still get together with friends to play today on steam

UnrealTournament

Unreal 2000 something

Counterstrike Source (owned server)

Rainbowsix: Raven Sheild

Diablo 2   2000- still play today from time to time

no internet 2005-2011

Chivalry Medieval Warefare 2012

CS:GO  ( made 20 some maps for this game)(owned server(s)- still operating one) 4000+ hours between gaming and mapping

Rust( owned 2 different servers at different times) 1000+ hours

Citadel forged by fire

H1Z1- survival and King of the Hill

Dirty Bomb ( highly underrated game no longer being supported/ developed)

Table Top Simulator ( multiple games fun)

Elder Scrolls Online

Insurgency (owned 2 servers co-op and PVP)

GTA V online

Fortnite: BR

Apex Legends

I'm sure I missed some but these are the gist

I enjoy a good game,  but it will take me 6-9 months to get through something.  I'm still working my way through RDR2 and it got it when it came out.

If I'm lucky I'll have 30min a day to play, its luxury time to me so its not until work/wife/kids are taken care of first that I will play. 

My kids are 8 and 6 and just now are getting into Minecraft, I have no problem letting them play at night when their responsibilities are complete, everyone needs a bit of down time.

My wife and I are in discussions now to get a console or more family friendly games that we can all play together, there is only so much Candyland a man can take.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, PurityControl said:

I enjoy a good game,  but it will take me 6-9 months to get through something.  I'm still working my way through RDR2 and it got it when it came out.

If I'm lucky I'll have 30min a day to play, its luxury time to me so its not until work/wife/kids are taken care of first that I will play. 

My kids are 8 and 6 and just now are getting into Minecraft, I have no problem letting them play at night when their responsibilities are complete, everyone needs a bit of down time.

My wife and I are in discussions now to get a console or more family friendly games that we can all play together, there is only so much Candyland a man can take.

Switch? 

On 4/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, RealBitsOfPanther said:

I have noticed that my taste/preferences/whatever you want to call them have changed as I've gotten older. I'm not really into the flavor of the year online competitive shooters now a days. Theyre just too extra now a days. I'd rather spend my time on a single player/narrative driven game (God of War, Spider-Man PS4, Red Dead etc) 

Welcome to the true gaming world. Where developers have to rely on an enjoyable game with depth like they did before consoles had multiplayer options.

I used to play competitively online with a PC. Problem is you can never get to the top unless you rigged a monster PC and more importantly find a T1-3 connection to play on with zero ping. Otherwise you’ll always be demolished.

Consoles are a bit different they’re headed toward the direction of being able to buy advantages, or earn them. The games can’t be built to avoid camping or cheap tricks (like a custom modded controller), different from PC. 

I’ve always loved single player where the developers have to compete with human interaction with AI and while it’s hard to do and there are less options, nothing online beats the ones done well imo.

i think its the adrenaline.  i love good adrenaline.  if there was a drug better than adrenaline i'd do it.  when its too cold and/or rainy to sup whitewater or onewheel (not a unicycle) i find myself wanting to play maybe twice a year.  find something to do active that gives you adrenaline.  you won't miss games at all.  

On 4/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Shocker said:

My son plays this literally all the time...I hate fortnite with a passion 

My fiance and her son play fortnite all the damn time. At least 3-4 hours everyday it's on the Xbox, PC or Playstation with one or both of them playing. Daughter plays Minecraft and the Sims but that's it. I thankfully bought a switch do at least I have smash and headphones so I don't have to hear the fortnite music and sounds all the damn time. Lmao

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

My fiance and her son play fortnite all the damn time. At least 3-4 hours everyday it's on the Xbox, PC or Playstation with one or both of them playing. Daughter plays Minecraft and the Sims but that's it. I thankfully bought a switch do at least I have smash and headphones so I don't have to hear the fortnite music and sounds all the damn time. Lmao

Same, my kid plays in the game room pitch dark.  Feels like he never comes outta there.  I have to go up there open the blinds to get  some light in that fuggin place.  He spends every  dime he gets on that fuggin thing.  I am gonna start shutting that shet down for his own good.  Ugg.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Same, my kid plays in the game room pitch dark.  Feels like he never comes outta there.  I have to go up there open the blinds to get  some light in that fuggin place.  He spends every  dime he gets on that fuggin thing.  I am gonna start shutting that shet down for his own good.  Ugg.

I've had to do the same and push him to go out with friends and spend his money doing stuff like that. Still plays fortnite too damn much cause all his friends play but ehhh we do what we can. 

Archived