• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier interview on ESPN and ABC

raleigh-panther

Jourdan Rodriguez said it best..

"Why draft a QB high in this (bad QB)" For insurance or to get a few extra wins if Cam goes down.  When if Cams goes down again you lose out and improve your chances in landed 1 of the forsure better quality QB'S coming out in next years draft" 

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/nick-wilson-and-josh-parcell/wilson-parcell-jourdan-rodrigue-panthers-draft-presser

I agree with her breakdown completely..

56 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

One question. Other than Peppers, how many rookie defensive ends made a big splash and really helped our team with sacks and pressures? Not who in the league but in our 23 years who came in as a rookie DE and tore it up?

Then why is getting an edge rusher so important if he won't make a huge difference this year.

1 question do you think a rookie in this draft can be more impactful than Cox, Obada, and Hayes?? Because that's what we need.. If a rookie can come in and make these guys depth players (which they are) instead of starters (which they will be if we can't get a competent replacement) then that is the most important question...

24 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

This is a simple discussion..

The draft is strong in Dlinemen and Olinemen and secondary..

Your biggest needs are Dlinemen and Olinemen and Secondary..

Why are we fighting this??

They are looking at their qb and saying... if we had someone that could complete a 20 yd pass vs the saints on mnf then we make the playoffs.   And we don’t know if this guy can do that for all 16 games next year.  Let’s give our guys some kind of backup plan and a chance to compete no matter what!!!  

They going to war!  Even if it’s a lie, they fight on that lie!!!  Something is more important than the truth.  

1 hour ago, CBDellinger said:

They are looking at their qb and saying... if we had someone that could complete a 20 yd pass vs the saints on mnf then we make the playoffs.   And we don’t know if this guy can do that for all 16 games next year.  Let’s give our guys some kind of backup plan and a chance to compete no matter what!!!  

They going to war!  Even if it’s a lie, they fight on that lie!!!  Something is more important than the truth.  

You found that guy a week to late.. He is on the roster now ..Kyle Allen

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I never looked.  Not a game changer for me--I  was referring to the conversion of 10 million to bonus that made it impossible to cut him last year. I told you that I was not sure about the details.  My bad. 

The details are his contract originally had a base salary of 11m last season fully guaranteed. If his option bonus was used then 10m of that converted to bonus. If it wasn't used, the 11m stayed as was. The only thing that Hurney did was convert said option bonus to signing bonus. Only thing that does is if the player retires, it allows the team to go after a portion of the money. 

2 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

You found that guy a week to late.. He is on the roster now ..Kyle Allen

Lol if you think he is the answer after he played against backups and a team playing no defense. The huddle has lost their minds the team is not tanking if Cam goes down. We have to many good players for that. Get ready because we are getting a QB 2nd or 3rd.

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

One question. Other than Peppers, how many rookie defensive ends made a big splash and really helped our team with sacks and pressures? Not who in the league but in our 23 years who came in as a rookie DE and tore it up?

Then why is getting an edge rusher so important if he won't make a huge difference this year.

Statistically speaking, regardless of what they do in their rookie year, the talent of a first round DE vs a 3-4 round DE is the difference of a starter/potentially all-pro and a role player/back up.

Those are statistics, probability. And the Panthers need a DE for the future.

It’s actually quite difficult to explain to something so asinine to someone. It’s obvious. I mean an olineman probably won’t make a difference either. He’ll, most positions won’t right away.  Why draft anyone?

11 hours ago, The Huddler said:

if someone doesn't see the need on our team for a quality backup QB, especially with Cams situation, then that person needs to stay inside his moms house and make sure to not make any life decisions. 

Exactly!  Imagine if Cam gets hurt and he can actually take a week or two to rest/heal while our team is still competitive.... 

7 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

1 question do you think a rookie in this draft can be more impactful than Cox, Obada, and Hayes?? Because that's what we need.. If a rookie can come in and make these guys depth players (which they are) instead of starters (which they will be if we can't get a competent replacement) then that is the most important question...

If Burns, Sweat or Gary is there at 16 then yes. If not we should got OT/OG.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Exactly!  Imagine if Cam gets hurt and he can actually take a week or two to rest/heal while our team is still competitive.... 

There are ways to accomplish that without using precious draft picks. Not too mention that any rookie QB, especially those chosen after 1st, rarely is ready to be effective in those situations. If that’s the issue sign a veteran backup. Not a question mark at the expense of another huge need. 

Archived