• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler on first rd pick

raleigh-panther

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

money spent does not equal good play.

If that were the case Matt Kalil would be getting sized for his gold jacket right now.

Until the product on the field matches the resources spent and a clean pocket for the QB...spend away.

Not really sure what money has to do with the point. Are you insinuating Turner, Paradis, Noton, and Williams aren't good football players?

3 hours ago, The Huddler said:

I dont want Moton, Daryl Williams, or a first rounder to be riding the bench, so no

you best bet Rivera/Hurney want to be around for longer than a year. OT for this season is addressed

A passrusher than can immediately come in and apply pressure to the QB is what will have the biggest positive impact on our team. 

its that simple

our two OTs are good and were drafted outside the 1st round. 

So Oline of Moton-Cody Ford-Paradis-Turner-Williams would be pretty stout- at least for run blocking. Some see Ford as possible OT, or at least can slide over if needed.

In many of the mocks I’ve done, the impact edge rushers are gone at 16, so we may not have a better option than OL.

29 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol what are you even talking about, my posting history on this internet forum you're so  invested in is pretty welll documented, and is established as being a fan of the team as a whole rather than some race war weirdo ranting out of personal insecurities 

Why are you talking about a race war when the discussion is about our sports team? You give yourself away with remarks like that.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

Not really sure what money has to do with the point. Are you insinuating Turner, Paradis, Noton, and Williams aren't good football players?

No, you argued that we have too much invested in the position group to afford more resources.  Then you added that because we have expended so many resources in the o-line that it means we are covering for Cam in some fashion.

While I loathe Marty Hurney and would not put such short sided and petty notions beyond him, the fact is its just not true.

Our line has been in constant turmoil since Jordan left.  Injuries, bad play and inconsistency have zero to do with the money/picks allocated.

The individual pieces look fine, but that group has yet to play or even practice together.  

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

No, you argued that we have too much invested in the position group to afford more resources.  Then you added that because we have expended so many resources in the o-line that it means we are covering for Cam in some fashion.

While I loathe Marty Hurney and would not put such short sided and petty notions beyond him, the fact is its just not true.

Our line has been in constant turmoil since Jordan left.  Injuries, bad play and inconsistency have zero to do with the money/picks allocated.

The individual pieces look fine, but that group has yet to play or even practice together.  

Statistically speaking, the oline hasn’t preformed in the bottom 50% of the league for years (Bell/Chandler days).

Growl is spot on about it. However I think it’s due to 2 things. 1. Shula. Offensive play calls are on the OC and clearly he’s awful. 2. Cams style of play requires 100% an online that is above par.

looking around the NFL, Growl is correct, our oline hasn’t been atrocious and qbs like Wilson have had much better success with less. Luck has had similar success with less.

Again, I feel this is due to OC and style of play more than Cam being ineffective.

2 hours ago, Lumps said:

looking around the NFL, Growl is correct, our oline hasn’t been atrocious and qbs like Wilson have had much better success with less. Luck has had similar success with less.

Wilson is at least debatable, but Luck? When did Andrew Luck win an MVP and help lead his team to a Super Bowl?

There is shitposting, and then there is just being a sad bitter sack on a Monday night. That's you.

17 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

that is some sugar coated garbage right there

Not even sugar coated. 

When you feel compelled to stoop so low as to express the thoughts of "the average Huddler" in such a derogatory manner, then you've certainly lost your way, and it bespeaks of trying too hard to make yourself look right and others look wrong, even though you should 100 percent know that there is intellectually no right or wrong, just a difference in philosophy.

15 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Except it hasn't been in "turmoil." Teams deal with roster turnover on the OL all the time, and the unit we fielded last season gave up like the 6th fewest sacks in the league and had the 10th best pass pro efficiency. They did this despite the loss of an all pro RT-that they now have back.

I actually, obviously, don't hold Cam accountable for the Panthers schematic decisions. But this lazy and often bewildered intejection of "Don't the Panthers know it sounds really intelligent to say Protect the Quarterback" is an oversimplification and ignorance of where the game as a whole has headed, and always seems to come from the same place and same demographic of posters, as the blowback in this thread now stands  as evidence to, who have unrealistic expectations of what the talent level around the QB in the teams quest to Make Cam Look Good (rather than win football games)should look like.

Archived