• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers 2019 draft class most overhyped in team history

therealmjl

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who is really hyping them?

have you not seen the 1000 threads posted about the PFF article? or the other thread that our buddy Bucky Brooks said we were going to have an impactful 2019 class?????????

20 minutes ago, mjligon said:

have you not seen the 1000 threads posted about the PFF article? or the other thread that our buddy Bucky Brooks said we were going to have an impactful 2019 class?????????

I pay zero attention to PFF other than their statistical aggregation (which is excellent by the way, but their analysis is by and large moneyball bullshit) and I have no idea who Bucky Brooks is.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I pay zero attention to PFF other than their statistical aggregation (which is excellent by the way, but their analysis is by and large moneyball bullshit) and I have no idea who Bucky Brooks is.

I think he’s in the new avenger film. Like a captain America side kick or something.  It’s cool that he likes our draft tho.  

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn’t either until I read the huddle

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

So you, an alleged fan of the Panthers, are getting whiney because 2 sources like our draft.  Is this what we've come to here?

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You couldn't possibly post on the huddle every day for 9 years and not know who Bucky Brooks is.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You couldn't possibly post on the huddle every day for 9 years and not know who Bucky Brooks is.

Yeah I could. I don't click on any of the links for "analysis" because I honestly don't care what the "analysts for entertainment" think. Mayock was about the only one I gave any credence.

Count me in the group that thinks everybody's draft is over-hyped this time of year.  Epic over-hype is hanging from the rafters because your team picked Manziel, the Golden Calf, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, or Lawrence Phillips in the first round.

Over-hype is Pete Prisco's draft grades for CBS, where he dumps on the Texans in the title, but then grades them a C-......and they were indeed the lowest grade he gave.  Kinda wish I would have had him as a high school math teacher.

Truth is, draft grades and assessments right now don't mean a thing.  Grades will start to take shape in early September, and will be largely incomplete for 2-3 years. 

Maybe I'm just old and jaded, or maybe it was growing up in St. Louis when the Cardinals were there and seeing hopeful drafts not translate into wins, but as high as I get on a draft or offseason is guarded optimism.  That is where I am with this draft and offseason....guarded optimism.

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He’s old man Brooks’s boy. 

Archived