• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tickets Going Digital

Kyle82

4 hours ago, bleedsgreenandgold said:

It won't, I sold some mobile only concert tickets on Stubhub the other day. Really easy process, you just won't see scalpers outside the stadium anymore.

I have two PSLs and on occasion scalp 1 or 2 for the rest of my family .... and always do the "give me your worst seats and I am not paying more than $20.  Sometimes if just for my son, he would pay $40.  In past I actually have even paid lower closer to game time. I never cared where the seats were cause always plenty of empties to move to something better.  I wonder what the scalpers outside are gonna do??  I would think they will figure something out but probably not.  I doubt online there will be the dump seats to fans action.  If not, gonna be even more empties on game day. 

One thing that stinks about digital only is I have kept all my tickets to every concert and sporting event ever since I was in high school.  Some of the  playoff tickets are pretty cool looking. Plus having away game tickets are always different.    My son who is in college even liked keeping his tickets.  Oh well.... guess that's over :shades:

On 6/25/2019 at 11:59 PM, Stoney said:

When you sold on StubHub how much of a cut did the concert promoter get?

You familiar with what happened to certain fans in Denver when the Broncos went digital?

Stubhub takes 15% of your sale.

I do remember the Broncos revoking some season tickets people were selling but I don't believe they were tied to PSLs, correct me if I'm wrong.

Can a scalper have the digital tickets and then transfer them to you? Does the exchange of money have to occur via the exchange in order to transfer a ticket?

If I want to give my tickets to you then I can just transfer them to you. If so then it does not rule out scalpers, they just wont be selling paper but transferring digital tickets. 

58 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Can a scalper have the digital tickets and then transfer them to you? Does the exchange of money have to occur via the exchange in order to transfer a ticket?

If I want to give my tickets to you then I can just transfer them to you. If so then it does not rule out scalpers, they just wont be selling paper but transferring digital tickets. 

I recently sold mine. The money was exchanged between myself and the buyer. All I had to do was log into my psl account and transfer the tickets. He then receives an email confirming receipt and the tickets are his.  I believe he had to create a Ticketmaster account to accept the tickets and then if he chooses to transfer them again he can do so through that Ticketmaster account. 

There were no fees associated with my transfer to him however I can’t speak to the process if he decides to transfer them again. 

36 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I recently sold mine. The money was exchanged between myself and the buyer. All I had to do was log into my psl account and transfer the tickets. He then receives an email confirming receipt and the tickets are his.  I believe he had to create a Ticketmaster account to accept the tickets and then if he chooses to transfer them again he can do so through that Ticketmaster account. 

There were no fees associated with my transfer to him however I can’t speak to the process if he decides to transfer them again. 

If that is true then this just means ticket "scalpers" will be standing around with a sign and their phone. I hesitate to call them scalpers in all cases because usually prices to Panthers games aren't going for  very inflated prices.

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

But they (scalpers) are selling tix for more than they paid for them (or at least attempting to), and, the team isn't getting a cut of those revenues generated by those transactions.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

They can but I've never paid more than face value for a ticket in the lot. Regardless you can negotiate a price and then they will transfer them to you. Its different but they will adapt 

I'm one of those people that has always been a fan of having a physical, hard copy ticket. As a Saints STH, the last few years when they introduced the option for mobile ticketing I wasn't a fan and kept using my hard copy season tickets. Last year I decided to give it a try and honestly, it's just much more convenient. You don't have that mini-heart attack when you're almost to the game of, "OH ****, I forgot the tickets" as long as you can keep track of your phone with in this day and age is essentially connected to our persons at all times.

I usually don't use my phone much before the games (or if I do, it's charging on the hour and a half drive) so I haven't had any technical issues with the e-tickets due to my phone dying, however I would always bring the physical tickets with me and keep in the truck in case if something were happen.

It's just unfortunate y'all organization is going strictly e-ticket though so I'm just hoping we keep receiving physical, hard copy tickets because as pointed out by other posters, they are tremendous keepsakes. I keep all of my tickets to events I go to so I have all my Saints tickets together and my 2018 season tickets are all perfectly intact in their booklet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived