• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba FA watch (Woj Bomb, Celtics are the front runner to sign per sources once opens sunday)

ncfan

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I blame him for being a bitch and not atleast playing to the level he did before the contract.. 

Can't blame the team for him not being aggressive and playing like bitch.. I blame them for the contract but even at 10 mil a year he isn't worth it. 

I don't think I can agree with that. He has been roughly as good as he was in Portland. Heck, his averages from Portland and Charlotte are pretty close:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/batumni01.html

I honestly think the major change in the perception of him was that contract specifically. Had he not gotten that contract, I think we would have a much more positive view of him overall(or at least neutral). He's a quality role player and NBA starter. But you don't hand out mega-contracts to those guys. We gave him money that you would pay an elite or near-elite player. That's what was so infuriating. Even at the time I couldn't believe we made that deal. 

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And I promise every game I attend.. Or as long as they let me stay.. I will be trashing Batum with every vocal cord I have.. If he has to be here stealing money he won't enjoy the home games..

LOL. I think that is a bit extreme, personally. He will definitely hear you in what will likely be an ever more empty building.

At the end of the day, the Bobnets made a bad bet on a player they thought was going to ascend to elite status, when in fact he has basically remained the same player his entire career. 

8 minutes ago, pennywise said:

No he actually gotten worse. 

Batum is averaging $292.6K a game. Thats fuggn stupid 

Well his last year in Portland was arguably his worst year, so that is probably par for the course. His production has dipped overall for the past two seasons, but his averages remain pretty close to what he did in Portland. 

Really, regardless, he didn't deserve that contract then and he doesn't deserve it now. It is arguably the worst contract the Bobnets have ever handed out.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You just have to hope they accidentally back into a good player with a top 5 pick. If you get enough top 5 picks, the odds are that you will eventually get an elite talent. 

I would agree for most teams.  But, when our last Top 10 picks have been

Frank Kaminski...Noah Vonleh...Cody Zeller...MKG...Kemp’s Walker...DJ Augustine...Brandan Wright...Adam Morrison...Raymond Felton

odds don’t matter.  The Hornets find a way to screw out up

3 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I would agree for most teams.  But, when our last Top 10 picks have been

Frank Kaminski...Noah Vonleh...Cody Zeller...MKG...Kemp’s Walker...DJ Augustine...Brandan Wright...Adam Morrison...Raymond Felton

odds don’t matter.  The Hornets find a way to screw out up

There is a lot of difference in picking in that top 5 and picking in the 6-14 range. We've only had 5 top 5 picks in our history but we were 0 for 5 on getting an elite player. But, as I said, if it keeps happening, eventually we will just accidentally get an elite player.

1 minute ago, pennywise said:

Have not been in Boston but I am sure that you can find those people anywhere and even in CLT. Boston is a sport city with past African Americans superstars 

Yeah, go up there and hang out sometime. It is generally worse than a lot of major cities in this country outside the South. 

But, let's not derail the thread here. It makes no sense just based on winning alone. 

2 minutes ago, pennywise said:

Have not been in Boston but I am sure that you can find those people anywhere and even in CLT. Boston is a sport city with past African Americans superstars 

Yeah you can find those people anywhere but Boston's the only place that every major sports teams plays a video with players from the pats, bruins, Celtics, and Sox saying to treat everyone equal and we're all one and nothing else will be tolerated. 

If you gotta say these things on the jumbotron before sporting events then it's somewhat of an issue. 

16 hours ago, ncfan said:

This.

That pretty much seals it if true.  The only way we can give him that is if we go into the luxury tax.  And MJ has already has stated he will Not pay the luxery tax.

Its embarrassing.  This team couldve gotten something for him (a lottery pick) And gotten rid of a bigger contract (was reported today that Cavs wouldve taken Marvin off our hands for Kemba).  But we didnt accept.  Now we lose him for nothing.  Still handcuffed to those contracts.  With probably the worst roster in the league without him.  With the younger guys still a Long ways to go being groomed, including this years 1st rounder who theyve said will spend time in the G-league.  

This team is a dumpster fire right now

This team has been a dumpster fire for a decade. Nothing new. 

1 hour ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I mentioned this last year and got bashed for it. I knew the franchise was being dumb. I am always open for a GM job. Call me MJ.

Man some of us got killed a few months ago for saying that they hornets were painting themselves into a corner and would have to give kemba whatever he wants. Even tho the smart business approach would've been to move him last year for pieces. 

But now everything I thought would happen has and its ridiculous. Being a nuggets fan I've seen a team compete, trade their star, retool and it not work, tear it down, build thru the draft and now have one of the best young rosters in the NBA ontop of waiting for MPJ and whatever bol bol can give us. 

This poo all starts at the top and until that changes the only way the hornets will be good is by accident. Sad but true. 

Archived