• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Beuerlein and the 1999 season

Had the great luck to attend the Green Bay game. Listen to how quiet it got as Steve scored in the video...it was unreal.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Steve-Beuerlein-1999-Pro-Bowl-season-Quarterback-Draw-vs-Packers-133343189/

In the Carolina Panthers record books, the franchise record for passing yardage and passing touchdowns in a single season does not belong to Cam Newton. Nor does it belong to Jake Delhomme. And it isn't held by Kerry Collins either: Rather, the very best single-season passing performance in the history of the Carolina Panthers belongs to one Steve Beuerlein.

Awesome post. Consider yourself lucky to have been in attendance. I’m sure it was electric. Lambeau Field. December. A little playoff-feel in the air. The lead changes, the big plays. 

I loved that game. One of my all time favs. 

Don't salmon fish the Yemen in that river you stealthy salamander.  Never forget the playoff implications.  And the implications of false messiahs onto faulty generators of ill-contrived faith.  The prophetic nature of Natrone Means never play method shall persist.  The Steve model of thorny branching shall persevere.  Salud.  

Didn't get to watch many games that year; we had just moved to TX and Sunday ticket or streaming weren't around. I don't even think NFL.com's paid radio broadcasts were a thing yet. I remember "watching" games on NFL.com's gameday live crap when I had the chance. For some reason I think they showed the GB game here, though. Either that, or they showed that QB draw play over and over on Sportscenter.

8 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Had the great luck to attend the Green Bay game. Listen to how quiet it got as Steve scored in the video...it was unreal.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Steve-Beuerlein-1999-Pro-Bowl-season-Quarterback-Draw-vs-Packers-133343189/

In the Carolina Panthers record books, the franchise record for passing yardage and passing touchdowns in a single season does not belong to Cam Newton. Nor does it belong to Jake Delhomme. And it isn't held by Kerry Collins either: Rather, the very best single-season passing performance in the history of the Carolina Panthers belongs to one Steve Beuerlein.

Still consider Beuerlein the second best QB in Panthers history.

7 hours ago, saX man said:

Don't salmon fish the Yemen in that river you stealthy salamander.  Never forget the playoff implications.  And the implications of false messiahs onto faulty generators of ill-contrived faith.  The prophetic nature of Natrone Means never play method shall persist.  The Steve model of thorny branching shall persevere.  Salud.  

tom delonge wtf GIF

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

More random trivia: the player ranked second in franchise history for single-game passing yardage isn't Jake or Beuerlein, it's my main man Chris Weinke

12/23/01. I was there, too. Miserable year,  but a fairly competitive game against the eventual NFC champs. 

19 minutes ago, ellis said:

12/23/01. I was there, too. Miserable year,  but a fairly competitive game against the eventual NFC champs. 

I believe it was around Christmastime in 2006 against the Giants. 67 pass attempts, 421 yards IIRC. I was there. We lost 27-13.

Archived