• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Tinkering with Jake's Mechanics...

Ricky Spanish

With all due respect, I think you're the one missing the point.

It is a reporter's job to report what he hears and sees, whether he believes that is bullsh*t or not. A reporter must be unbiased and report the facts: in this case, it is a fact that Scherer, Delhomme, Fox, etc. made these comments.

Gantt might very well think what the front office is saying is bullpoo, but in a piece like this it is his job to report what has been said. And he did that.

Anything less would be not doing his job.

Yeah...I must be missing the point.

So you think it's ok to report BULLSHIT, when you KNOW it's BULLSHIT.......gotcha. What a peaceful way to sleep.

So who tinkered with his mechanics against Arizona?

We have a winner!!

Whoever fed Gantt this information was deliberately throwing Scherer under the bus as the scapegoat for this season's woes. I hope you guys don't fall for it. This was a deliberate attempt to try to change the conversation in the fan base. "Oh, so instead of blaming John Fox and Jake Delhomme, we need to blame Rip Scherer? Okay, gotcha!" <--- THAT is what they're hoping you'll be talking about for the rest of this week.

I think you are right. Has happened before...just ask Hennning.

Yeah...I must be missing the point.

So you think it's ok to report BULLpoo, when you KNOW it's BULLpoo.......gotcha. What a peaceful way to sleep.

Again, it is a reporter's damned job to report information. You as the reader have every right to think or proclaim that information is bullsh*t, as well as to lose all the sleep you want to over it.

You really do not understand how journalism works, do you?

If you don't want an unbiased recounting of the facts, perhaps you should stick to reading the Huddle. Plenty of biased bullsh*t to go around here, and chances are you'll have an entire sub-community that agrees with you and pads your ego nicely. You should get the sleep you so desperately need then.

You guys make it sound as if you are being conned and being taken advantage of here. It isn't as if we won't find out in a few days if it makes a difference. All Gantt did is report the facts. We will see if it makes a difference. If he continues to suck then it obviously was one more failed attempt to figure out what went wrong with him. If he plays better then maybe there is something there.

Rather than jumping all over it as a ploy, lets see what happens. If as we suspect, the mechanics weren't the problem and it is in his head, then it will be apparent that the only solution is benching him.

It will become clear to everyone shortly if this is smoke and miirrors or not. They are grasping at straws but that is what you do when nothing else has worked either.

You really do not understand how journalism works, do you?

Ahhhhh...yes....yes I do. Hence my argument of reporting bullshit. Don't tell me what I don't know, as you haven't a clue.

Any person with any morals, any desire to obtain any respectability, and that want's to be considered a halfassed decent reporter, does not feed the mass bullshit, that media personnel are privy to, to set in stone a concrete following that people are just supposed to suck up.

Believe what you want....but that is the facts.

You guys make it sound as if you are being conned and being taken advantage of here. It isn't as if we won't find out in a few days if it makes a difference. All Gantt did is report the facts. We will see if it makes a difference. If he continues to suck then it obviously was one more failed attempt to figure out what went wrong with him. If he plays better then maybe there is something there.

Rather than jumping all over it as a ploy, lets see what happens. If as we suspect, the mechanics weren't the problem and it is in his head, then it will be apparent that the only solution is benching him.

It will become clear to everyone shortly if this is smoke and miirrors or not. They are grasping at straws but that is what you do when nothing else has worked either.

But that is exactly what is sounds like. They are trying to blame the new guy, and that's it all his fault. It will still be interesting to see what they say next week and the week after...

Scherer was brought in this offseason, after long-time Delhomme mentor Mike McCoy left to become Denver's offensive coordinator. Known as a coach who valued precision, Scherer has put a heavy emphasis on footwork, release points and the other specific aspects of the game. But Delhomme's never been a technical quarterback and would often sidearm passes out of trouble when need be. Such things have been discouraged lately, and there's a sense among the sources that allowing Delhomme some freedom could help him this week as he attempts to bounce back from a wretched start.

At least Jake doesn't try and blame anybody else.

You have got to be kidding me, and how you convince yourself of this insane thought process week, after week, after week is beyond me.

How many more weeks are you going to keep spewing the same bullsh!t????

Damn!

Ahhhhh...yes....yes I do. Hence my argument of reporting bullpoo. Don't tell me what I don't know, as you haven't a clue.

Any person with any morals, any desire to obtain any respectability, and that want's to be considered a halfassed decent reporter, does not feed the mass bullpoo, that media personnel are privy to, to set in stone a concrete following that people are just supposed to suck up.

Believe what you want....but that is the facts.

I'm not going to argue anymore. You clearly have a different understanding of journalism than I do.

I'll just say that it is a reporter's job to share information that media personnel is privy to. That's sort of what they do.

If you want to go talk to Fox, Scherer and Delhomme, be my guest.

I think you're just confusing facts with bias. It's not Gantt that wants you to believe what he's reporting -- he's simply telling you what all was said.

I'm done.

Archived