• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 & Out %

bigpoppa

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yea I was going to say this stat is kind meaningless without turning it into some points. And you can see other than the chiefs or ravens are any of these teams that good?

So prolonging drives is meaningless?

10 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yea I was going to say this stat is kind meaningless without turning it into some points. And you can see other than the chiefs or ravens are any of these teams that good?

Not meaningless. Just ask any DC. Even if you don’t get points on the drive, since it takes more energy to play D than O, the longer your O is out there, the more tired the opposing D gets and the more of a rest your D gets.

12 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Between the 20's, we move the ball fairly well.  But our red zone efficiency (scoring td's) is in the bottom half of the league.  We are just over 50% in red zone td's.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Yeah, this is pretty problematic and it's not really a QB issue as the last two games (both away) have just been marginally better. It's great to have a good kicker, but we're sputtering just a bit in the red zone. 

Last year we were a fair amount better, and that can probably be attributed to Cam in the first half of the year. When he's on and healthy, he's one of the major red zone threats to have ever played the game, especially at the goal line.

6 hours ago, Pantera said:

So prolonging drives is meaningless?

So the your team has a well rested defense and an offense that can’t score/ and or turns the ball over.

Personally I’ll take a scoring offense and a tired defense over a rested defense and limp offense that turns it over in today’s NFL but that’s just me. 

A prolong drive isn’t completely meaningless, hence the ‘kind of’ in my original post but it comes pretty damn close without points.

7 points that takes 2 minutes or 0 points that takes 10 but wears them down a little. For me the NFL games are just too unpredictable to rely on wearing them down. It’s what made foxball so tiresome and ineffective. In will win you some games but most teams who consistently win now days have moved on from that.

Archived