• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

four possibilities that could happen this sunday concerning kyle allen

Saca312

1 minute ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

The whole losing job to injury narrative is bullshit. Ask Tony Romo how that went. Greg Olsen even went on national tv and said they have a decision to make. IF THE PLAYER IS BETTER, PLAY THE BETTER PLAYER. Y'all don't understand, you say you want to win a SB and Cam to come back... Hate to break it to ya, you don't get to lose 1-2 stupid games while a qb is knocking off rust to get HFA... Kyle Allen gives us the best chance to come out of November 9-2, Anything less kiss the #1 seed goodbye. The playoffs need to run through Charlotte, I want to see Kyle Allen go on the road to NO with the division tiebreaker on the line and be 1 game back and see what he does. If he wins that and GB and SF, then Cam can sit. Kyle should get November and 5-0 is the standard to bench Cam. 4-1 or any less Cam comes back vs a terrible Redskins team with a terrible Falcon team (they're playing fire sale, no upsets this year) the next week. If we lose at GB and SF, you can make the argument for Cam @NO. But at this point, we BETTER win TN, ATLx2, and Washington... That's 4 wins, that puts us at 8-2 with either qb, gotta find 5 other wins to get the playoffs running through here. I love how some of y'all are excited at the idea of Ron going on the road and winning a playoff game with his conservative ass. 

Adding to my post, sorry forgot to say this. This is in no way saying Kyle is GOING TO GO 5-0. At this point Cam even healthy will be rusty, we have a streak of 2 crap teams in early December he can play TERRIBLE vs and still win. The point is I see a glimmer of a chance Kyle gets us the wins we need. Just don't see anyway Cam come's out and plays like he has played the whole year. 

Fifth possibility, Allen gets injured (God forbid, of course).

As to the conclusions presented: seriously doubt it's that simple.

Win or lose, whether Allen plays well is definitely going to matter. There's an awful lot of noise coming from within the Panthers that says so. Even Greg Olsen acknowledged that it's "a tough decision to make".

6 hours ago, Saca312 said:

the bye week is now gone and football week is upon us. this week, the panthers will have their biggest test yet going against the only undefeated NFC team in the 49ers. 

additionally, kyle allen has already been deemed the starter, indicating the coaching staff is indeed using their one brain cell to ensure cam newton comes back 100% healthy and not rush him back.

so, with that being said, im sure a lot of u are wondering what this game entails as far as who is our starting quarterback going forward, so i present to you four scenarios:

1.) kyle allen plays like poo and loses

-what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy.

2.) kyle allen plays well enough but panthers still lose

-what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy.

3.) kyle allen plays well enough and the panthers win

4.) kyle allen unlocks his inner peyton manning and has the game of his career, actively creating plays and clear primary factor for winning

Simply put, it's one game against a very good team. As far as declaratives on this being Kyle Allen's clincher if he plays out of his mind, I really would be wary until he starts actively winning more.

In my opinion, Kyle Allen has produced two underwhelming games and two decent games thus far this season. He has not has a standout game yet where he's shown to be a similar or bigger playmaker than what a healthy cam newton provides, nor has he played like complete total poo.

And this is coming from the fact I think Kyle Allen is a decent starter in this league. (more on that in this post.)

So, what I'm saying is, for this season, a healthy Cam Newton is a far better player in terms of impact than Kyle Allen. Even if scenario four happens, I need to see a bigger sample size of those kind of games where he's an active reason for winning through playmaking ability.

Even if the worst case scenarios happen, he'll still be the starter, since it's still a small sample size.

In other words, nothing much has or will change.

If #4 happens and Allen isn't the starter moving forward, Rivera and Hurney should be fired. 

One thing that has stood out for me is the fact that Allen hasn't been just a check-down QB, and there are more than a few of those in the NFL. On more than a couple of occasions, Kyle has decided against a wide open option within 10 yards to go for the chunk completion. It's been a welcome surprise, so I wouldn't say he's just made the safe passes.

But I agree, no matter what, Cam is QB1 when healthy and good on the Panthers and Allen for being able to wait until that happens.

4 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

If #4 happens and Allen isn't the starter moving forward, Rivera and Hurney should be fired. 

Only people who just d ride Cam Newton can throw Kyle Allen out if he plays like Peyton Manning on a 6-0 teams home field to move his record as a starter to 6-0. Those same people will complain Ron never gives younger players at other positions a chance. Torrey smith and DJ Moore? Curtis not getting many snaps until as of recent. This is not CAMS TEAM, this is CAROLINAS TEAM. Best player plays, at this point until he proves otherwise it's not Cam.

To put a finer point on it, Cam only has beaten 4 teams that went on to make the playoffs in the 4 seasons post-2015 in which he looked great in those games: New England, Atlanta, and Minnesota in 2017 and Baltimore in 2018. Looking great against great teams just isn't something that happens that often. If Allen looks great and we beat San Francisco, it would be irresponsible to keep Cam. Jourdan Rodrigue just came out with a great story today about all the players in limbo after this season because of contracts expiring. Why keep broken Cam for $30 million a year when you can keep someone possibly at the level of Kirk Cousins, pay him absolutely nothing, AND keep all your other great players like Bradberry AND possibly add additional pieces like AJ Green or Brandon Scherff?

12 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Kyle has decided against a wide open option within 10 yards to go for the chunk completion

I'd argue a lot of those have been gifts from Norv where those options have been the first read in general, but fair enough if you use the tampa game as basis for this claim as he has started to expand his reads a little bit more.

55 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Disagree on no 4. If that happens, Cam’s time is done and the Allen era officially starts

Really would hope the Panthers staff isn't that short sighted if four does play out.

Now, if he continues playing at a #3 or #4 level afterwards for 2-3 more games? Then yes, we can talk about how it may be more feasible to let Cam play for the Bears and ride the Allen train. And I'd welcome it.

Archived