• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

four possibilities that could happen this sunday concerning kyle allen

Saca312

the bye week is now gone and football week is upon us. this week, the panthers will have their biggest test yet going against the only undefeated NFC team in the 49ers. 

additionally, kyle allen has already been deemed the starter, indicating the coaching staff is indeed using their one brain cell to ensure cam newton comes back 100% healthy and not rush him back.

so, with that being said, im sure a lot of u are wondering what this game entails as far as who is our starting quarterback going forward, so i present to you four scenarios:

1.) kyle allen plays like poo and loses

-what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy.

2.) kyle allen plays well enough but panthers still lose

-what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy.

3.) kyle allen plays well enough and the panthers win

4.) kyle allen unlocks his inner peyton manning and has the game of his career, actively creating plays and clear primary factor for winning

Simply put, it's one game against a very good team. As far as declaratives on this being Kyle Allen's clincher if he plays out of his mind, I really would be wary until he starts actively winning more.

In my opinion, Kyle Allen has produced two underwhelming games and two decent games thus far this season. He has not has a standout game yet where he's shown to be a similar or bigger playmaker than what a healthy cam newton provides, nor has he played like complete total poo.

And this is coming from the fact I think Kyle Allen is a decent starter in this league. (more on that in this post.)

So, what I'm saying is, for this season, a healthy Cam Newton is a far better player in terms of impact than Kyle Allen. Even if scenario four happens, I need to see a bigger sample size of those kind of games where he's an active reason for winning through playmaking ability.

Even if the worst case scenarios happen, he'll still be the starter, since it's still a small sample size.

In other words, nothing much has or will change.

6 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Not to pre empt things or anything but I’m not the least concerned about Allen even against the 9ers.  He has raw talent and work ethic and size.  He should be fine.

yep. i think he'll be fine. he's played it safe like he should the past four games so i think his performance won't be otherworldly, but i also have a feeling it won't be abysmal.

even if he happens to play like trash (which can't be blamed given the 49ers have the best dline in football), he won't be the worst QB on the field.

i fully expect jimmy garappolo to play abysmally against our defense. even with shanahan holding his hand, i would argue he's not on kyle allen's level.

this game will likely come to the trenches and which defense is better + which offense doesn't poo the bed as bad.

The focus on this game should not be about KA but about Norv Turner's gameplan and how the offensive line holds up. If we get manhandled by their defense it won't matter if it is Cam or Kyle.

However if we can contain them and can put some points on board. I like our chances that our defense will be more disruptive. 

I also believe Luke is up for the challenge to help contain Kittles.

You are underestimating Rivera mindset when it comes to this QB thing. I would almost bet my life if Allen goes out there and throws for 150 yards 1 TD 2 int and we win in a ugly low scoring game, Rivera will start him the rest of the season even if Cam is healthy. All Rivera has to point to is that Allen beat a 6-0 team no matter how abysmal that offense looked.

I think Kyle will have a solid but unspectacular game and that’s all we need from him. Be a steady rock, distribute the ball. Take the check down to cmc if it is there. Throw the ball away if need be. Don’t force anything. I’m expecting quick passes.

this has the possibility of being a big TOP game because of both defenses and game manager-esque qbs on both sides of the ball. Gotta put points on the board when we get to the red zone. No turnovers

we've had some tough games, this is another one.  got more after this one.  this is turning out to be a pretty tough schedule.   i'm just hoping for a win no matter how we do it.   not expecting too much from either qb.  just don't lose the game.   

and saca, that's some mighty fine detective work, but like the rest of us you don't know how this is going to play out.   odds are you're right, but kinda tough to know with limited information.  but good on you for taking the odds

5 hours ago, Saca312 said:

the bye week is now gone and football week is upon us. this week, the panthers will have their biggest test yet going against the only undefeated NFC team in the 49ers. 

additionally, kyle allen has already been deemed the starter, indicating the coaching staff is indeed using their one brain cell to ensure cam newton comes back 100% healthy and not rush him back.

so, with that being said, im sure a lot of u are wondering what this game entails as far as who is our starting quarterback going forward, so i present to you four scenarios:

1.) kyle allen plays like poo and loses

2.) kyle allen plays well enough but panthers still lose

3.) kyle allen plays well enough and the panthers win

4.) kyle allen unlocks his inner peyton manning and has the game of his career, actively creating plays and clear primary factor for winning

Simply put, it's one game against a very good team. As far as declaratives on this being Kyle Allen's clincher if he plays out of his mind, I really would be wary until he starts actively winning more.

In my opinion, Kyle Allen has produced two underwhelming games and two decent games thus far this season. He has not has a standout game yet where he's shown to be a similar or bigger playmaker than what a healthy cam newton provides, nor has he played like complete total poo.

And this is coming from the fact I think Kyle Allen is a decent starter in this league. (more on that in this post.)

So, what I'm saying is, for this season, a healthy Cam Newton is a far better player in terms of impact than Kyle Allen. Even if scenario four happens, I need to see a bigger sample size of those kind of games where he's an active reason for winning through playmaking ability.

Even if the worst case scenarios happen, he'll still be the starter, since it's still a small sample size.

In other words, nothing much has or will change.

The whole losing job to injury narrative is bullshit. Ask Tony Romo how that went. Greg Olsen even went on national tv and said they have a decision to make. IF THE PLAYER IS BETTER, PLAY THE BETTER PLAYER. Y'all don't understand, you say you want to win a SB and Cam to come back... Hate to break it to ya, you don't get to lose 1-2 stupid games while a qb is knocking off rust to get HFA... Kyle Allen gives us the best chance to come out of November 9-2, Anything less kiss the #1 seed goodbye. The playoffs need to run through Charlotte, I want to see Kyle Allen go on the road to NO with the division tiebreaker on the line and be 1 game back and see what he does. If he wins that and GB and SF, then Cam can sit. Kyle should get November and 5-0 is the standard to bench Cam. 4-1 or any less Cam comes back vs a terrible Redskins team with a terrible Falcon team (they're playing fire sale, no upsets this year) the next week. If we lose at GB and SF, you can make the argument for Cam @NO. But at this point, we BETTER win TN, ATLx2, and Washington... That's 4 wins, that puts us at 8-2 with either qb, gotta find 5 other wins to get the playoffs running through here. I love how some of y'all are excited at the idea of Ron going on the road and winning a playoff game with his conservative ass. 

Archived