• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Game Thread

Shocker

25 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We are tanking now and he still owns the team..

We've tanked (sort of) under his ownership before and it didn't work.  It won't work this time either.  He doesn't have the financial staying power to execute a full-blown tank like the 76'ers did....

....Mike will cave because the arena is empty every night and blow a bunch of dough on some aging veteran and screw up the tank....

.....rinse & repeat.

5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

We've tanked (sort of) under his ownership before and it didn't work.  It won't work this time either.  He doesn't have the financial staying power to execute a full-blown tank like the 76'ers did....

....Mike will cave because the arena is empty every night and blow a bunch of dough on some aging veteran and screw up the tank....

.....rinse & repeat.

We will see.. But the fact is we are tanking now.. And ppl are saying we won't tank as long as Jordan owns the team.. Well that what we're doing now... hmmmmmm

I’m still high on Bridges. He has potential and we knew he was pretty raw coming out. It’s early in year 2 so he will still have some growing pains. Isn’t it great to have some solid young talent! Graham and Washington with Bridges and Monk showing flashes. Rozier has been playing solid lately too, I was afraid he would try to be a Westbrook and take all the shots. If we can grow this core while adding a big man and solid veteran role players we should be solid in the East in a year or two.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:22 AM, ForJimmy said:

I’m still high on Bridges. He has potential and we knew he was pretty raw coming out. It’s early in year 2 so he will still have some growing pains. Isn’t it great to have some solid young talent! Graham and Washington with Bridges and Monk showing flashes. Rozier has been playing solid lately too, I was afraid he would try to be a Westbrook and take all the shots. If we can grow this core while adding a big man and solid veteran role players we should be solid in the East in a year or two.

I say we still need a go to scorer as well so these other guys can play around and off of him... A bigman and a go to scoring threat on the wings would set this team up nicely..

On 11/27/2019 at 9:26 PM, bull123 said:

Lucky win....bridges throws up an air ball to gives pistons a chance, then leaves his man to help on def, leaves griffin wide open, but clock runs out

bridges not showing he will be anything more than a good bench guy...and we have lots of those

What a stupid thing to say. Somebody is a Bridges hater.   

Firsr of all: Washington shot the 3, not Bridges.

Second, Washington was on Griffin and third, Griffin didn’t take the shot, Kennard did. 

Bridges — across the league — has developed a reputation for being a very solid second-year forward capable of scoring 15 a night with ease. 

On 12/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, bull123 said:

We were up 5 with a minute left last night and lost by 5

I didn’t see the game...wtf happened?

devonte' graham happened. he started playing hero ball in the last minute of that game. he kicked a ball out of bounds with no pressure on him in a critical possession and then completely airballed a 3 to tie it in the next one. it was flat out brutal. he ended the night 1-10 from 3. 

8 hours ago, Vagrant said:

devonte' graham happened. he started playing hero ball in the last minute of that game. he kicked a ball out of bounds with no pressure on him in a critical possession and then completely airballed a 3 to tie it in the next one. it was flat out brutal. he ended the night 1-10 from 3. 

This is the perfect time/year for him to learn from mistakes like that. The kid is a stud and is our core building block along with PJ. 

22 hours ago, Vagrant said:

Then he proceeds to hit 10 3's against the Warriors and ties a franchise record

i didn't debate that at all, he's been amazing this year. somebody just asked how we lost that game and it would be ignorant to say anything other than devonte had a bad sequence. real bad. but he's learning. he wants to be that big shot guy but he needed to realize it wasn't his night. this is the year to learn lessons, though, and he's been a real bright spot out of nowhere. 

On 12/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, Carl Spackler said:

What a stupid thing to say. Somebody is a Bridges hater.   

Firsr of all: Washington shot the 3, not Bridges.

Second, Washington was on Griffin and third, Griffin didn’t take the shot, Kennard did. 

Bridges — across the league — has developed a reputation for being a very solid second-year forward capable of scoring 15 a night with ease. 

Today someone told me Bridges is the single worst player in the league in terms of team-defense when he is in the game.

Meaning, his +/- is an absolute disaster....

....that ain't good.

Archived