• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I repeat, Deangelo Williams Isn't The Answer

Cyclonus

DeAngelo was a first round pick and Matt Moore went undrafted. There's got to be a reason for that. Don't get me wrong I support Moore to start but the metaphor doesn't really work.

Jake was undrafted and bummed around Europe.....and has been our franchise QB and the most successful one to date....can't use the logic of where someone is drafted(or not drafted) as a reason they must not be able to perform at a high level.

too many examples of kids getting drafted or drafted high and sucking...and late round picks and undrafted guys having success to stand by that point too strongly.

Antonio Gates, Warner, Pat Williams, Jeff Saturday....you can look at the just about every position and find undrafted guys who are considered one of the best in the NFL at there positions.

Jake was undrafted and bummed around Europe.....and has been our franchise QB and the most successful one to date....can't use the logic of where someone is drafted(or not drafted) as a reason they must not be able to perform at a high level.

too many examples of kids getting drafted or drafted high and sucking...and late round picks and undrafted guys having success to stand by that point too strongly.

Antonio Gates, Warner, Pat Williams, Jeff Saturday....you can look at the just about every position and find undrafted guys who are considered one of the best in the NFL at there positions.

Thats a good point. Even more reason to give Moore a shot.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard -- Kevin Durant or Tim Notke.

Lol at CRA using Antonio Gates not being drafted to try and prove his point. Dude didnt get drafted because dude didnt play football in college.

Not much different than the Warren Moon argument people try to use to show how undrafted QBs can be good(even though it is incredibly rare), with people completely ignoring the fact that Moon would have been drafted had he switched positions as no one in the NFL would take a chance on a black QB at the time.

since this thread's reasoning has already been ripped to part, i figured i'd go ahead and pile on top too!

but we will never know if he isn't given the chance and since its obvious our playoff chances are over, there's no reason not to give him the chance this season to see what he has. if nothing else, it would prove that he's also worthless like jake and we can get rid of the both of them by next season.

Yeah, we'll never know. These are the coaches that decided Dushawn was worth 5mill a year. Stevie Wonder could see he wasnt worth that... nother flaw in the thought process....

Lol at CRA using Antonio Gates not being drafted to try and prove his point. Dude didnt get drafted because dude didnt play football in college.

Not much different than the Warren Moon argument people try to use to show how undrafted QBs can be good(even though it is incredibly rare), with people completely ignoring the fact that Moon would have been drafted had he switched positions as no one in the NFL would take a chance on a black QB at the time.

I gave other examples...like I said, you can look at every position in the NFL and find guys who are considered some of the best in the league who were never drafted.

Moore at least was good enough to come out of college and land w/ some NFL teams as a backup.....yet he is not good enough to get reps and a look in front of washed up undrafted QB that bounced around overseas for a bit? Flawed logic imo.

DeAngelo was a first round pick and Matt Moore went undrafted. There's got to be a reason for that. Don't get me wrong I support Moore to start but the metaphor doesn't really work.
:smash: Umm Tom brady was drafted in the 7th round. So what if Moore was undrafted. Brad hoover our current starting fullback was undrafted. But years ago on a monday night football game agaist the packers. Hoover cam in put up over a hundred years rushing in his first NFL game. Since then he has been starting. So been undrafted does not mean crap one bit. Some people on here think just because moore is undraft he is no good are does not have enough talent to be starter at QB. But how do you know until we have seen him play more games then just 3 in his roookie year. In his rookie year he is 2-1 as starter. Enough said. 3 years later and knows the playbook inside and out. I think he is ready to take over this team. Atleast give him a chance for a few games are so before passing judgement on him.:rolleyes5:

Archived