• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next coach!!

Panfan35

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I would prefer the Panthers stay away from retread hires unless someone very capable somehow becomes available. If they were to make a change it's definitely time to see what an innovative offensive mind can accomplish though. Panthers fans have been through the ringer with defensive minded head coaches. So far all we've gotten for it the last two seasons are historic blowout losses.

Just say no to retreads, Belichick assistants, and Andy Reid offensive proteges.

Just now, philit99 said:

What about Gary Kubiak? The dude has been to seven super bowls. He won three as a player and beat us in Super Bowl 50. Maybe he can get  old man Phillips to rejoin him back here in Carolina.

Kubiak had some fairly serious health issues a while back.

I don't really think he wants to be a head coach again.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I will say I'm ready for an offensive coach.

That was never going to happen under Jerry Richardson, but it might under David Tepper.

I’m ready for an coach that’s innovative, thinks outside the box and not stuck in the 70/80’s style of football. We got a bunch of square pegs being pounded into round holes on offense.

2 minutes ago, dgr8one said:

Tepper doesn't care about having "a winning program"

Tepper cares about Tepper's bottom line.

That is a ridiculous take.  Rivera is far better than you must think.  

And Tepper is not afraid to make a decision.  You don't just cut bait on a coach that has accomplished as much as Rivera haphazardly.

That's not to say Rivera isn't going to be let go or needs to be let go.  He may very well be let go- how he gets the team to respond to this game will go a long way towards determining that.

There are 9 games left for Tepper to make the decision.  If we collapse again, I'm all for it.  That doesn't mean he can't coach, but it will mean his message is worn out here.

That being said, I can only imagine how this place will be if Rivera is in Atlanta next year getting that defense back to respectability while the offense continues to do their thing.  

Rivera got outcoached today, but he is still one of the best defensive minds in the league.

I'm upset about laying an egg again in a game where we could gain national respect for sure.  But I also look at Rivera's entire body of work instead of being a victim of this game alone.

He will be employed no matter what next year, and with a better than 90% chance of being a HC

3 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Give me that 49ers DC

Too green... and I would be hesitant to put too much stock into his coaching on a defense that has that many first rounders.

He certainly has done a good job, but it would be more impressive if he can replicate it with lesser players and/or simply have a larger sample size.

Kyle Shanahan had success as an OC several places (Browns, Redskins, & Falcons) before getting a HC job

I know the hot thing is to hire an up-and-coming young guy, especially on the offensive side, but I personally disagree.

I'm certainly ok with hiring a first-time HC, but I want someone with somewhat of a resume.

There are still a lot more young guys that flame out than not.

8 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Too green... and I would be hesitant to put too much stock into his coaching on a defense that has that many first rounders.

He certainly has done a good job, but it would be more impressive if he can replicate it with lesser players and/or simply have a larger sample size.

Kyle Shanahan had success as an OC several places (Browns, Redskins, & Falcons) before getting a HC job

I know the hot thing is to hire an up-and-coming young guy, especially on the offensive side, but I personally disagree.

I'm certainly ok with hiring a first-time HC, but I want someone with somewhat of a resume.

There are still a lot more young guys that flame out than not.

How many 1st rounders do SF have compare to us on the defensive side? Bc that’s like all I’ve been hearing about is how many 1st rounders that have. 

anyways back to Saleh, he does have a good background if you go look at it. Was with Seattle, then Jags and now having a great defense with SF

Archived